Sales Rep - On-Premise
Company: Columbia Distributing Co
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Sales Representatives are essential to Columbia Distributing's success. Each rep is responsible for advancing and securing beverage sales in the market, performs functions to secure new business accounts and facilitates the needs of the existing sales accounts. This is accomplished through territory planning, selling, merchandising and communicating the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
* Manage inventory expenses in accordance with company policy.
* Interact respectfully and maintain dialogue with inter-company departments, suppliers and customers
* Support the rotating and merchandising of product
* Complete all required training to improve performance and effectiveness
* Maintain a high level of industry knowledge: beer, non-alcoholic, food journals, trends, market share, etc.
* Create opportunities and develop programs appropriate to customer base.
* Submit all required reporting, preplans, trackers, surveys, market surveys (MVPs), expense report, mileage log, etc. by the required due date.
* Effectively sell the Columbia Distributing portfolio in all assigned accounts
* Minimum visibility in assigned accounts must be equal to or greater than competition
* Increase net core brand distribution over baseline throughout the year
* Minimum MVP standards in eighty percent (80%) of accounts surveyed and above MVP standards in twenty percent (20%) of accounts surveyed
* Accomplish sales and distribution goals by executing the monthly, quarterly and annual business objectives and company initiatives
* General knowledge of industry products
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Effective organizational and time management skills
* Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers
This job operates in our accounts, mostly indoors with occasional outdoor work.
* Lift, carry, push, and pull up to 165 lbs.
* Use arms, wrists, hands, grasp
* Must be proficient in the use of industry tools including hand truck, six wheeler, manual pallet jack, box cutter, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, days/hours of work vary, and may include weekends.
Local travel only
Required Education and Experience
* High School diploma or GED required.
* Sales Fundamental (which includes Certified Sales Professional-CSP training and certification) required upon hiring; Cicerone level one required within one (1) year of start date
* Minimum two (2) years previous sales experience in beverage industry
* Valid driver's license and auto insurance required
* Must be at least 21 years old
Preferred Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Previous grocery or retail experience
Columbia Distributing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Columbia Distributing Co, Tacoma , Sales Rep - On-Premise, Sales , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!