Mobile Technician II
Company: Penske Truck Leasing
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Exciting New Road Tech Program!
Penske Mobile Technician II will generally assist in the repair and
diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components at
the direction of the PFM Asset Supervisor. Expectations include the
ability to perform preventive
maintenance (PM) service and to diagnose and repair the following
with little or no supervision: Clutches, PTO Systems, Electric
Systems, Hydraulic/Air Brake systems, Heating/Air Conditioning
Systems, and Instruments and Gauges.
**This position is managed by our corporate team, and the Mobile
Tech II will not work on equipment in a Penske facility.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of: Engines
(gas and diesel); Power train to include differentials,
transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends;
Electrical systems including starters and
alternators; HVAC systems; Steering systems; Electronics to include
ECM's, ECU's, sensors, etc.; Engine bolt on items such as turbos,
fan clutches, injectors, cooling system, etc.; Brake systems
including ABS; and Suspension systems (spring and air)
- Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of
equipment for "trade-ins" and prepare new equipment for
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Perform duties with little or no supervision in a timely and
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain on-site work area appearance, safety, and
- Comply with all Penske and Customer work requirements
- Road test Vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or
to ensure that they are working properly.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure
gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as
pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and
other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking
batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose
malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers,
motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and
specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure
conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components
such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include
replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system
- Order, receive, and charge out parts. Maintain control of parts
inventory, including cores, via cycle counts and proper inventory
- Serve as primary customer contact for day-to-day customer
needs, and escalate as required to sales/operations management.
- Manage tire and wheels, both on equipment via inspections and
in inventory. - - Follow Penske safety practices at all times.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Schedule: Monday-Friday 2:30PM-11:00PM or Monday-Friday
- 2-4 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle
- Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
- Current CDL license with air brake certification required,
willingness to acquire CDL if you do not have one.
- DOT medical card and/or ability to obtain DOT medical card
prior to commencing work.
- Ability to read a map.
- Ability to operate a 26,000 non-articulated vehicle safely and
- Ability to utilize mapping tools (e.g. Waze)
- Self starter who is able to work with minimal direct
- Basic computer skills required for data entry into maintenance
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions
- The associate will be required to understand and comply with
specific instructions, guidelines, rules, regulations, or other
information established by Penske management
- The associate must be able to perform all work adhering to DOT,
OSHA, and all Penske safety and maintenance policies; including but
not limited to the correct selection and use of appropriate tools,
PPE, machine guarding, and established best safety practice.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening are required
Physical Requirements: The physical and mental demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an associate
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
--- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, climb, bend, and sit for
extended length of time throughout their scheduled working
--- The associate is required to use their hands on a routine and
daily basis to grasp, reach, touch, handle, feel, and/or otherwise
operate required tools or controls.
--- The associate must be able to work safely at heights using
applicable ladders and elevated working platforms.
--- The associate must be able to safely work in all weather
--- Given the frequent movement of large trucks through the
workplace, the associate must be able to see and hear in order to
safely navigate the work environment.
--- The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to
50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay: $32.89 plus 10% mobile pay
Benefits: Our excellent benefits plan keeps associates and their
families happy, healthy and secure. To learn more visit
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Job Function: Truck Maintenance
Job Family: Vehicle Maintenance
Address: 1460 Thorne Rd
Primary Location: US-WA-Tacoma
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2326165
Keywords: Penske Truck Leasing, Tacoma , Mobile Technician II, Professions , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!