Business Systems Analyst
Company: Heritage Financial
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Base Salary Range:
Level I - $31.55 - $39.44 - $47.32 per hour
Level II - $72.180.00 - $90,230.00 - $108,270.00 annual
Depending on qualifications and experience Business Systems Analyst I or II may be considered.
At Heritage Bank, we work hard, but also know how important it is to take time off to stay healthy, relax, and spend time doing what makes your heart happy!
As part of our team, you'll enjoy a total rewards package, which includes base salary based on the role, experience, and skill set, along with an exceptional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), community volunteer time), and generous time off policy. Full-time team members receive a minimum of 10 paid vacation days annually* and eight hours of paid sick leave per month*, while also enjoying 11 paid holidays each calendar year, and an annual float day. *pro-rated from start date and/or hours worked. To view Benefits Summary: Apply > Current Openings > position > attachment.
Heritage Bank has an exciting opportunity in our Technology Development division and we are looking for a business systems analyst to join our dynamic team! This position is a liaison between technology, operations, and various business units to monitor and recommend improvements to business systems to enhance business solutions and processes.
The successful candidate will:
* Provide consultative assistance to assigned business units to streamline processes as it relates to the efficient use of core banking systems.
* Support assigned team members in conducting analysis and document business unit needs, objectives and requirements, performing gap analysis between current and desired processes.
* Cultivates strong relationships with internal customer base, vendors, and internal technical support teams to provide general project management services.
* Create user interface wire-frames, pseudo-code and other technical artifacts to assist with defining and delivering customer software solutions.
* Champion the adoption and implementation of Agile or other agreed upon software development lifecycle methodologies.
* Assist in the development of road maps for assigned projects, defines release priorities, product improvements and enhancements and ensures new or modified processes and systems meet project objectives and business requirements.
* Track and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; develops, writes, updates and maintains system protocols, internal controls and detailed universally understood standard operating procedures for end user reference and training use.
* Proactively participates in user acceptance testing projects. Develops testing scenarios and scripts, identifies and documents functional test cases, writes and executes test scripts for all upgrades or conversions.
* Gain working knowledge of, and ensures bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to assigned area.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and networking and participation in professional organizations.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, business management, or equivalent - preferred.
* Level I: 1 year recent experience in a business systems analyst role or financial services industry functional business area (i.e., loan or deposit operations, IT, finance systems or applications, or business process re-engineering) - required.
* Level II: 3 years' recent experience in a business systems analyst role or financial services industry functional business area (i.e., loan or deposit operations, IT, finance systems or applications, or business process re-engineering) - required.
* Working knowledge of banking business processes, core processing systems, any programming language and participating in or leading projects for technical and business solutions, ability to perform software updates, provide application support, troubleshooting and help desk knowledge and experience - preferred level I, required level II.
* Certified Comp TIA IT Fundamentals, Certified PMP (Project Management Professional), CBAP (Certified Business Analyst), or CCBA (Certified Competency in Business Analysis) - highly desired.
* Equivalent combination of education, certifications, training and experience may be considered.
* Excellent communication/ interpersonal skills and customer service orientation combined with ability to communicate effectively across business lines at all levels.
* Strong research, time management, and organizational skills to manage multiple projects and meet concurrent deadlines.
* Analytical reasoning, technical and problem-solving skills to understand end user's requirements and transform into operational application and technical alternatives.
* Understanding of business processes and application development methodologies.
* General knowledge of Agile or similar software development lifecycle methodology.
* General knowledge and understanding of SQL and using spreadsheets to facilitate data extraction for purposes of data analysis, data mapping and other similar activities.
* Working knowledge using database access tools and understands the Database-> Table-> column-> Index dynamics.
* Understands and applies principles, operating procedures, regulatory requirements, and policies related to assigned area, and strong working knowledge and understanding of the Bank's policies, procedures, products, and services of assigned business unit, i.e., deposits, loans, etc.
* Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
* Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
* Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project); working knowledge and experience in financial industry core processing systems; and ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
* Occasional travel for meetings with willingness to travel to other branch and department locations when needed; valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions.
* Flexibility and availability to occasionally work rotating Saturday's during release schedules and special projects.
* Climate controlled office environment.
* Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and/or customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
* Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and or extended hours, and assist at other locations or remotely, as needed.
* Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
* Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
* Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, walking, climbing, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
* Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 lbs (files, boxes, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the min, mid and max of Heritage Bank's salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including, but not limited to, qualifications, experience, and job performance. The range listed is just one component of Heritage Bank's total compensation package for full time and part time employees. Depending on position, other total compensation rewards may include monthly, quarterly or annual incentive, and/or bonuses.
##JobCategory:Information Technology / Systems##
##Street:3615 Pacific Avenue##
Base Salary Range:
Keywords: Heritage Financial, Tacoma , Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Tacoma, Washington
here to apply!