Warehouse Team Member
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Amazon XL Warehouse AssociatePay rate: Up to $17.80Job
OverviewYou'll be part of the Amazon warehouse team that handles
the big stuff - those unique customer orders that weigh over 50
pounds: big screen TVs, furniture, appliances, and more. You'll be
trained on how to use technology to handle these heavy bulk items.
Even if you haven't been a "power" player before, that won't limit
you from gaining valuable job experience because you'll be trained
on powered industrial trucks (PIT) such as a forklift or pallet
driver. Many shifts will have you at the helm of our power
equipment getting orders ready for customers, but other times
you'll be on the warehouse floor of our fulfillment centers or
delivery stations working with your teammates, tackling those
hands-on items that need expert handling before they are sent along
their delivery route. If you're someone who thrives on being a
heavy equipment operator, this is the opportunity for you.Duties &
- Some of your duties may include:
- Operate powered industrial trucks (PIT). Equipment training and
certification are provided free of cost
- Work at and operate machinery that reaches heights up to 35
- Receive and put away heavy and bulk inventory
- Load boxes into trucks for shipment
- Use technology such as computers and smart phones
- View prompts on screens and follow direction for some
- You'll also need to be able to:
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Use safe practices and methods to handle products heavier than
- Stand and walk, as well as push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
frequently during shifts
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)What it's like at an
Amazon XL Warehouse
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide
protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You'll be operating and working around moving
machines - order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and
- Activity. In addition to sitting and standing while operating
equipment, some activities may require standing in one place for
long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary
between 60--F and 90--F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot
days, temperatures can be over 90--F in the truck yard or inside
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing
protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety.
Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required. Amazon provides a $110
Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes, in order to have
you prepared for your first day on the job.Why You'll Love this
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. Depending on where you work, schedules may
include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or
part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working
additional hours if needed.
- Shift flexibility. Work when it works for you. Shifts may
include overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend. You
can even have four-day workweeks, three-day weekends - and with ,
you can work as little as four hours per week.
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our
employees and offer a variety of free training and development
programs, and we also have tuition support options for select
employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, you'll learn
how to use the latest Amazon technology - including handheld
devices and robotics.
- Free training. We'll teach you how to drive power industrial
trucks (PIT) such as forklifts or a pallet driver, and how to work
with the latest Amazon technology - including robots.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support
each other.Why You'll Love Amazon Many of our jobs come with great
benefits - including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for
the future, and opportunities for career advancement - all in a
safe and inclusive environment that's been ranked among the best
workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the
role, work schedule, or location, and can include the
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance ProgramLearn more about Amazon Benefits and
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to
understand and adhere to all job requirements and safety
guidelinesHow To Get StartedYou can begin by applying below. If you
need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring
process, you can find support here: .Amazon is committed to a
diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national
origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation, please visit .
Keywords: Amazon, Tacoma , Warehouse Team Member, Professions , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!