Company: Tacoma Goodwill
Posted on: January 15, 2022
When you love what you do, its more than a job. Its a passion,
and a Mission.
As a member of the Goodwill production team you will be responsible
for processing and sorting the donations provided by our community.
You can expect to build relationships with team members, follow
processes and procedures, and see the real impact you are having on
the lives of others. We strongly believe in promoting from within,
and provide many growth and promotional opportunities for dedicated
We are seeking quick, task-oriented individuals to help with the
daily processing of donations. This is a great job for someone
seeking to enter (or re-enter) the work force while supporting the
mission of Goodwill.
Right now our North Tacoma, WA store is seeking a Full Time
Salary: $13.69 Per Hour
The Ideal candidate is someone who;
* Is focused on safety
* Shows up to work everyday
* Has a great attitude
* Is able to work as a team
* Follows production schedules
* Is flexible and ready to learn
* Maintain attention to detail
* Is able to lift 25lbs to 50lbs.
We Have You Covered:
Full time employees will enjoy health care, vacation, life
insurance, as well as other benefits.
All employees receive merchandise discounts.
We strongly believe in promoting from within, and have multiple
avenues for career growth.
Production Workers are responsible for processing donated
merchandise for re-sale including sorting, and pricing in a
warehouse environment. This is a career advancing position. Giving
great experience and development skills to pursue advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Unloads sacks, boxes, and miscellaneous donated items from gay
lords or donation carts and transports them to proper processing or
* Sorts goods into appropriate categories
* Inspects items for salability.
* Cleans or repairs items to be priced and placed on the store
* Tickets items for sale by attaching price ticket to item.
* Records and keeps daily production records.
* Places ticketed items on or in appropriate transport
* Monitors and reports supply needs to supervisor.
* Ensures the area stays clean, well-organized and safe.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Able to work and maintain in a fast pace environment.
* Flexibility to change priorities as business dictates.
* Willingness to cross train in other areas.
At Goodwill we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture
of equity, diversity and inclusion. We embrace our employees
differences, and believe in meeting the members of our workforce
and their communities where they are. Since our doors first opened
in 1921, we have been changing lives by offering a hand up, not a
hand out. We invite you to join us for our next 100 years of
service to our neighbors.
Our Mission is to help people reach their fullest potential through
individual education, job placement and career pathway services
made possible by community donations, purchases and
At Goodwill, we welcome people with diverse backgrounds, including
persons with disabilities or other disadvantages. In fact, a
substantial portion of our employees have a disability and/or
economic disadvantage and we strongly encourage such persons to
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service
that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of
Social Security (SSA). For further information on E-Verify contact
DHS at 1-888-464-4218.
Keywords: Tacoma Goodwill, Tacoma , Production Worker, Professions , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!