Senior Compensation Analyst
Company: (IABA) Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description Assists in the development, implementation,
administration and evaluation of strategies, plans, programs and
procedures designed to provide for equitable and competitive
employee compensation. The work is primarily consultative in
nature, and elements of the work include job analysis and
documentation, salary survey participation and market data
analysis, interpretation of regulatory guidelines, and
creation/interpretation of internal policies/standards within the
context of the compensation function. Responsibilities: --
- Consult with company leaders and human resources on issues
pertaining to all areas of compensation management.
- Handle issues with typically large scope, higher levels of
complexity, sensitivity and/or visibility with the
- Encourage others to take a strategic approach to solving
compensation issues as opposed to simply responding to the current
- Serve as a resource to explain compensation policy and
- Provide training on compensation related programs.
- Act as a subject matter expert in areas of compensation
practices.Salary Management Reporting and Consultation
- Oversee and run corporate programs such as the annual Focal,
Bonus and High Performer Equity Grant processes
- Maintain compensation calendar of activities for review and
approvals including compensation program analysis and executive
summariesJob Classification / Market Pricing
- Conduct the job evaluation process, consult with HR partners
and manager who are creating or revising positions to develop job
descriptions that meet internal standards and that reflect actual
essential functions and minimum requirements.
- Review job descriptions for content. May request revisions to
clarify or enhance the quality and consistency.
- Research market data and selects appropriate benchmarks.
Analyze the position completely to determine its relationship to
other positions with the company to ensure internal equity.
- Prepare cost analysis and pay grade recommendations.
- Maintain reports and summaries of results.Survey Management
- Participate and analyze salary survey results to ensure current
pay practices are cost effective and market competitive.
- Evaluate market and economic trends. Identify variances and
- Analyze costs of proposed recommendations.
- Manage and perform global total rewards market analysis
including competitive market position for current plans including
budget recommendationsVariable Pay
- Develop, manage, and implement compensation strategies such as
plan documents, changes, philosophy and best practices etc.
- Management and coordination of plans such as executive deferred
compensation, producer incentive plans, stock purchase
plans/grantsMinimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration
preferred. Relevant work experience may substitute for degree
- 5+ years progressively responsible experience in compensation,
including the design and administration of compensation
- Knowledge of FLSA compliance
- Demonstrated experience solving complex compensation issues
through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience developing & delivering presentations including
executive summaries to various audiences including senior
management team and/or divisional leaders
- Excellent analytical skills including advanced spreadsheet
capabilities in Excel
- Leadership and teamwork skills with a sense of urgency. The
ability to both manage and assist with compensation related
- Ability to lead a variety of projects from start to finish
(e.g. needs identification and assessment, modeling and analysis,
solution design and implementation).
- Process improvement oriented and the ability to make
recommendations and decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong internal and external customer focus
- Team player (both as a leader and a member)Physical and Mental
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard
office equipmentValues and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.--
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.-- You have been redirected
to a Columbia State Bank job page
Keywords: (IABA) Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis, Tacoma , Senior Compensation Analyst, Professions , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!