Plant Production Supervisor
Company: Clean Earth
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste companies in the
United States providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and
beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material,
and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast portfolio of
technologies and services touches nearly every industry that
generates waste including energy, infrastructure, commercial,
industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.
It is our unique capability of providing a one-source, full-service
solution to handle multiple waste streams from a single customer
that separates us from the competition. Our processes are detailed,
our due diligence is tireless, and our results provide unmatched
recycling solutions for our customers with the utmost in customer
We're proud to be part of Harsco Corporation, named to Newsweek's
America's Most Responsible Companies 2021.
Supervise production staff and manage shift operations to ensure
the proper and timely handling of waste streams while meeting all
company and regulatory policies and standards. Foster a team
environment focused on safety and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate material flow including scheduling, receiving,
sampling, analysis, treatment, transfer, sewer discharge and
offsite disposal in a manner which protects the wellbeing of our
employees, the public and the environment.
- Plan, schedule and monitor daily activities of plant production
staff including the coordination of work assignments between shifts
and plant maintenance. Troubleshoot operational problems to ensure
safe, compliant and timely processing of waste.
- Provide instruction, equipment and training to ensure employees
have the skills, knowledge and equipment to perform their jobs
safely and in a complaint manner.
- Foster an engaged team environment, encouraging employees to
identify health, safety and environmental risks and participate in
the development of appropriate solutions.
- Ensure regulatory compliance by reviewing regulatory
certifications and keeping abreast of regulatory requirements,
company policies, directives, standards, procedures and
commitments, as well as all applicable laws, regulations and
facility operating permits.
- Report and respond to plant emergencies, as needed. Perform
Contingency Plan Emergency Response procedures and act as Emergency
Coordinator or Alternate, as appointed by Clean Earth. In the event
of an accident or incident, identify the cause, review and amend
procedures to prevent reoccurrence, and communicate findings with
manager and employees.
- Assist in the accurate and timely maintenance of required
documents and records including employee training records,
reconciling manifest discrepancies, developing waste profile sheets
for in-plant generated wastes and other related information to
continuously improve health, safety and environmental performance
while meeting all internal and governmental reporting
- Perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by
- Conduct and/or coordinate plant tours for customers, regulatory
agencies and other approved visitors
This role will be a Friday-Monday shift (4 / 10) schedule.
- High school diploma or GED
- Hands-on experience in hazardous / regulated waste
- Supervisory or leadership experience
- HAZWoper certification
- Some college
- Experience operating heavy equipment including tractor
- Experience with, or knowledge of RCRA, Clean Water, and DOT
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
Physical and Mental Demands
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds
- Ability to predictably and regularly attend work during
scheduled hours. Must be willing and able to occasionally variable
schedule, on-call in case of emergency, as necessary.
- The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers
- The ability to manage several tasks at once to meet
- The ability to follow direction or instruction
- The ability to use a computer to communicate
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
We offer competitive benefits, including health, dental and vision
insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k
with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or
genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco
Clean Earth's website because a disability prevents you from using
the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate
application procedure: Contact Nicolette Richards, HR Generalist -
and Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying
and will consider your application together with all other
applications received for the job. Please call only for disability
Keywords: Clean Earth, Tacoma , Plant Production Supervisor, Professions , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!