Sr. Business Analyst
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Sr. Business Analyst The Sr. Business Analyst will have primary
responsibility over Optum Care Network's provider portal and
associated digital platforms and will assist the portal owner with
creating & implementing a governance model to manage change, drive
adoption, measure results and collect feedback. In addition to
implementing a governance model, this position will direct content
management across current and future digital platforms, including
the provider portal.The Sr. Business Analyst will also conduct and
manage outcomes of various studies that include analyzing,
reviewing, forecasting, trending, and presenting information for
operational and business planning. They will support short and long
term operational & strategic business activities by developing,
enhancing and maintaining operational information and models. The
Sr. Business Analyst will develop and implement effective &
strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data
and business processes.Work will generally be self-directed and not
prescribed, will require someone who is comfortable with less
structured, more complex issues, and who can serve as a resource to
others.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate Optum's commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each internal and external
- Drives our mission and strategic priorities forward, while
balancing both long-term strategic vision and operational execution
support. This includes assisting leaders to identify priorities,
define focus, and strategically align their time to achieve desired
outcomes, while shaping objectives, KPIs and financial goals.
- Plans projects and helps accomplish project goals through
various tasks including creating clear and concise statements of
scope, developing project charters, creating timelines, preparing
deliverables, transition projects to subsequent phases and
identifying business requirements for both small and large projects
- Works closely with business process owners and subject matter
experts to discover and clearly document process and system needs
through development of use cases, process maps or other methods
using formal or informal requirement specification tools.
- Coordinates and plans focus groups and brainstorming sessions
to gain knowledge on how the OCN Portal and digital applications
can be improved for business owners and users, to solicit feedback
on applications and to gather business requirements from business
owners as part of the process of continuous improvement.
- Provides staff leadership to project teams and coordinates the
work of outside consultants and third-party vendors.
- Prepares and continuously improves all operational and
financial reporting for each functional operation in collaboration
with their project managers, operational leaders, and in
collaboration with the administrative support functions.
- Works with end-users individually, in small workgroups or in
enterprise-wide forums to improve their ability to utilize system
capabilities, determine problems and develop appropriate
- Builds and develops relationships with all employees for
increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing
operations, and helps to define new operational strategies, working
with the directors and executives on special projects.
- Conducts current state and future state process improvement
analyses of existing operational procedures and digital platforms
and clearly documents the results, options, considerations and
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients' protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards. KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft applications
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio).
- Customer satisfaction/service focus and quality
- Strong analytical, problem solving and information gathering
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to organize, document, write, facilitate and present
information, both formally and informally, to small and large
educationally diverse groups.
- Ability to transfer knowledge and information to providers and
staff from a wide variety of cultural, educational and
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to cope with fluctuating demands of an uneven workload
and changing priorities.
Keywords: Optum, Tacoma , Sr. Business Analyst, Professions , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!