SOX Program Analyst
Company: Columbia BankSystem, Inc.
Posted on: November 20, 2020
- Assist with annual risk assessment, materiality determination,
identification of in-scope processes
- Assist with coordinating and performing annual SOX walkthroughs
for business and general information technology control (GITC)
- Assist with creating and maintaining SOX process documentation,
- Assist with the external auditors' requests for
- Update annual risk and controls matrix and as needed
- Assist with performing annual segregation of duties (SOD)
- Assist with performing a deficiency analysis on SOX-related
findings, including issues identified in the Bank's GRC
- Assist with coordinating testing with Internal Audit and the
Bank's external auditor, which includes providing guidance on
testing, tracking the status of testing, and answering questions as
- Assist with reviewing Internal Audit's test scripts and testing
results as needed
- Assist process owners with remediation of control deficiencies,
which includes coordinating with Risk Advisors for closure of
issues noted in the Bank's GRC solution
- Assist with re-writing control descriptions, documenting
processes, and updating in-scope systems/applications/servers
- Ensure that the SOX program is in adherence with the 2013 COSO
- Assist in serving as the point person to liaise among all
relevant personnel on all SOX issues
- Assist in migrating the SOX program documents to Workiva
- Assist in creating/maintaining SOX SharePoint site for
documentation and access for Internal Audit, external auditors, and
- Assist with quarterly internal control certifications
- Provide support on ad hoc projects (e.g., CECL, RPA) and
identify opportunities to improve business processes and internal
- Assist with SOC 1/SSAE 18 reviews performed by the Vendor
Management/Enterprise Risk Department to ensure that in-scope
vendors' complementary user entity controls are in place and
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- SOX 404 compliance experience
- Ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented
- Ability to analyze and research and issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently to solve problems as well as work
as a part of team on special projects and assignments
- Proficient with MS Office
- Financial services experience preferred
- Three years public accounting experience preferred
- CPA Certification preferred
- Ability to perform well in high-growth, intensive
- Experience writing reports and ability to identify and
implement process efficiencies and improvements
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and
compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer,
whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and
contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and
experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the
customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to
advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to
every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume
responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively
listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we're only as
strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an
important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard
Keywords: Columbia BankSystem, Inc., Tacoma , SOX Program Analyst, Professions , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!