Care Assistant - Health Unit Coordinator
Company: CHI-Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Job Title: Care Assistant - Health Unit CoordinatorFacility:?St
Joseph Medical CenterLocation: Tacoma, WADepartment: MRIJob Type:
Full TimeShift: Day Shift?Important Note: Nicotine (including
cigarettes, gum, patches, vapors, etc?) and marijuana is part of
our pre-employment drug screen?Job Summary
This job is responsible for assisting with patient care under the
direction of a Registered Nurse; performs data entry, unit
secretarial functions, and equipment processing.
- Provides patient personal care/hygiene and physical comfort,
including feeding, bathing, shaving, changing clothes, bed making,
ambulation, lifting, turning, moving, transferring, skin care and
bowel/bladder elimination.? Provides such additional care as
required to meet the personal primary needs and comfort of assigned
patient based on skill, ability, limitations of scope of practice
and patient acuity. Prepares patient, equipment and supplies for
- Performs, monitors, reports and documents all clinical
activities within scope of practice. Observes and reports changes
in patient condition to the RN.? Obtains labels and transports a
variety of samples (e.g. urine, stool, sputum specimens and blood
products). Provides patient information to nursing staff for
inclusion in the interdisciplinary plan of care; documents relevant
patient data in accordance with work unit standards.
- Assists nursing staff in the admission, discharge and transfer
of patient by performing activities such as inventory/storing
patient belongings, providing patient with relevant personal
care/comfort items, orienting patient/family and transporting
patient to room or other location using wheelchairs, stretchers or
- Maintains a neat and organized work environment.? ?Orders,
stocks and replenishes supplies and equipment as necessary,
identifies and reports problems with supplies or equipment; enters
equipment repair request in system, tags equipment and removes from
- Maintains a safe work and patient environment, adhering to the
hospital?s Safety, Risk Management, Regulatory Standards and
- Performs receptionist and support duties at the assigned unit;
handles incoming and outgoing communications, transfers calls
appropriately, greets and assists visitors, answers questions in
accordance with established procedures.
- Provides general support activities for the unit.
Education & Experience
- Completion of an accredited Nursing Assistant program (or
military medical specialty training).??
- Six months related work experience preferred.
- Experience in a hospital setting preferred?
- Prefer experience in a specialty unit.??
- Preference is given toward applicants with experience as both a
Certified Nursing Assistant and Unit Coordinator.
Licensure & Certification
- Must be licensed by the Washington State Nursing Commission as
a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Current healthcare provider BLS certification is required.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0228524
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center
Keywords: CHI-Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center, Tacoma , Care Assistant - Health Unit Coordinator, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!