Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job Title: Stocking Reports to: Grocery Manager Salaried or Hourly: Hourly Job Code: 001300 Department: Grocery Date: March 2015
Position Purpose: Maintains and replenishes stock in a safe and efficient manner to meet customer purchasing and store merchandising needs.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly, courteous customer service.
- Maintains the quality condition of all products: stocks, rotates and faces product; discards outdated and spoiled products according to procedures and maintains stockroom. Cleans and dusts shelves. Controls shrink. Prevents the sale of out of code product.
- Orders products, cuts cases, stacks, prices and marks merchandise. Builds product displays and operates related equipment such as hand trucks, six-wheel carts and pallet jacks. Maintains a safe, secure and sanitary work environment.
- Ensures costs, quality and inventory control through verifying orders against invoices, auditing contents of product cases and completing necessary forms and reports accurately.
- Assists customers, performs occasional checking duties with an emphasis on providing friendly, courteous, customer service.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities safely and with accuracy, honesty and integrity.
- Other necessary and required duties as assigned.
Skills and Physical Requirements:
- Able to be friendly, courteous, tactful and maintain composure in dealing with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Able to be a team player.
- Able to comprehend and follow written and oral instructions.
- Able to work alone, with minimal supervision and at all different time periods.
- Able to judge and react to business activity.
- May utilize cleaning supplies, chemicals and safety cutters.
- Complies with all Company policies including attendance, grooming standards and dress codes.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs., within the range of floor level to overhead.
- Able to push and pull fully loaded hand trucks, six-wheel carts and pallet jacks.
- Able to stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time and bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. May climb ladders.
- Mental alertness to ensure safe, accurate, completion of work activities and to do repetitious work accurately.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics, inventory control, pricing, merchandising and shipping and receiving procedures.
- Able to work at different times of the day and with little supervision. Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays. Regular attendance is required.
- Some exposure to varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor activities.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment, tool and work aids necessary to perform job duties.
- Exposure to 35 - Fahrenheit while handling products in cold cases, approximately 28 - Fahrenheit in the cooler and -20 - Fahrenheit in the freezer.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment. Exposure to varying temperatures while working in the loading and receiving area. Occasional exposure to outdoor environment with varying temperatures.
Safety - Sensitive Position:
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by employees assigned to this job. If you have questions regarding your ability to physically perform the listed job duties and requirements - e.g. lifting, standing, bending, etc. - please speak to your Store Director. All team members must comply with Company, Division, and Store policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each store and from store to store.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.99 - $16.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Tacoma, WA 98466: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
Keywords: Safeway, Tacoma , Day Stocker, Other , Tacoma, Washington
here to apply!