Journey Level Machinist
Company: Weyerhauser Co
Posted on: November 26, 2022
This is a full-time hourly position, reporting to the
Maintenance Team Leader. Hourly production and maintenance
employees at the facility are represented by the IAM-AW Union.
Benefits (in accordance with the Labor Agreement) include Medical,
Dental, Vision, Retirement 401(k) plan. The maintenance department
works a variety of shifts dispersed over a 24/7 schedule. Key
- The maintenance team is responsible for the repair and upkeep
of the facility and all equipment. The Journey Machinist must be
able to competently and safely machine parts.
- Ability to use machining tools such as lathes, milling
machines, shapers, or grinders to create parts with or without
prints and/or shop drawings.
- Apply preventive and predictive maintenance practices to
enhance operational effectiveness.
- Assist electricians, millwrights, mechanics, and other
maintenance personnel in performing other tasks when
- Assist machine operators as necessary and may provide operator
relief for operation of process equipment.
- Assist with clean-up mill wide.
- Be involved in safety and safety improvement efforts mill
- Ability to cut, braze, weld, and fabricate necessary components
according to prints and/or shop drawings.
- Ability to rebuild cylinders and gearboxes is preferred.
- Willing and able to work any shift, including weekends.
- Willing and able to work at heights, climbing stairs and
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in an environment containing wood dust.
- Ability to perform work in hot or cold environments.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position. About
Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products
that make the world a better place. We're serious about safety,
driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With
multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer
a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people
who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a
choice in your career. We want you to choose us. About Wood
Products: We've been delivering quality building products and
solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders
and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional
product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a
century, we've been building our reputation as a leader in
sustainable wood products. Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity
employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to
maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging,
opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a
diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive
environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay
and thrive with our team.
Keywords: Weyerhauser Co, Tacoma , Journey Level Machinist, Other , Raymond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!