Nurse Practitioner, Mental Health (Tacoma)
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Summary: Provide nursing care to a designated population of
patients. Participate in patient assessment and the formulation,
implementation and monitoring of the care plan. The ARNP is an
integral member of the MH Health Care team and has authority to
admit or refer patients, prescribe medications and treatments and
order tests.Essential Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates current technical skills in all areas of practice.
Demonstrates consistent and reliable diagnostic and therapeutic
judgment. Supports cooperative clinical initiatives. Seeks
appropriate and timely consultations. Actively works to continually
learn and apply new skills, pathways, etc. Practices according to
KFHPW approved procedures, guidelines, protocols.
- Cooperates and treats co-workers with courtesy and respect.
Shares pertinent patient information in a timely and thorough
manner. Demonstrates flexibility; works within the team to help as
needed. Demonstrates appropriate communication skills, both verbal
and listening. Collaborates with other members of the health care
team to provide appropriate care. Regularly attends and
participates in practice team meetings.
- Treats patients with courtesy and respect. Demonstrates service
excellence behaviors in teams and during consumer interactions.
Participates in problem solving of consumer complaints. Actively
participate in initiatives to increase patient access. Involves
patient in management of care; is thorough in explanations and
demonstrates caring and friendly attitude toward patients. Fulfills
all duties as assigned by chief and department.
- Maintains a productive work schedule; meets department and
organizational productivity guidelines. Identifies own learning
needs and participates in continuing education programs to meet
needs. Initial assessment and management of drop in-patients or
patients who call and want to be seen urgently and who have
previously been seen in the department. Makes appropriate and
timely referrals. Admits to hospital appropriately and manages
length of stay if applicable. Referrals to external providers are
consistent with protocols.
- Orders lab, pharmacy, radiology, and special tests
appropriately. Routinely and appropriately uses technology provided
by the organization to manage clinical practice and communicate
effectively and in a timely manner (e.g., OACIS, results reporting,
registries, Voicemail, Email) Understands KFHPW business and
business environment. Actively works to solve problems/improve
systems in constructive thorough manner. Focuses on customer needs
and quality; actively encourage other to do so as well. Provides
positive, constructive leadership for his/her care team and within
dept.; enables and encourages others to participate and achieve
high level of performance.Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Graduate degree in nursing.License, Certification,
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner License (Washington)
required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire -Additional
- National certification appropriate to the role.
- Communication, problem-solving, leadership and decision-making
skills. -Preferred Qualifications:
- One (1) year of previous ARNP experience.
- Eligible for Prescriptive Authority within six (6) months of
hire/transfer.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, Tacoma , Nurse Practitioner, Mental Health (Tacoma), Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!