Supervised Visitation Worker
Company: FPAWS Family Time Network
Posted on: November 25, 2022
A trained, neutral third-party paid to supervise the contact
between a visiting parent and their child(ren). Visitation Monitors
ensure the safety and security of the child-parent interactions
while documenting what is seen and heard during the visit. Due to
the sensitive nature of the family interaction; strict
confidentiality is a must.
What You Will Be Doing
* Attend Ongoing Training and Meetings - FPAWS will provide initial
and ongoing training for all of the FPAWS Family Time network
supervisors. Attendance at weekly virtual meetings is expected as
well as monthly training. The training schedule will be provided.
These are not compensated for.
* Observing Interactions - The supervisor for child visitation
needs to observe the meeting between the parent and child in an
impartial manner. That means the supervisor should not intervene
but instead should watch the parties interact. Staying within
hearing and sight range of them at all times, according to agreed
upon visitation plan. If the supervisor notices something that
might put the child in danger, she should intervene; otherwise, the
supervisor should keep her interruptions to a minimum.
* Documenting Interactions - Documenting interactions is important,
especially if the visiting parent is trying to regain custody
through the court. Supervisors will write down the activities in as
objective a manner as possible. This is a typical requirement for
child-visitation supervisors, who must be detail-oriented and
conscientious so they can adequately describe the meeting.
Completion of all required forms within 24 hours of the completion
of the visit.
* Protecting Children - It is the job of the child-visitation
supervisor to ensure the child feels safe and comfortable. The
supervised visits have usually been court-ordered because of a
deficiency in a person's parenting skills; this makes it all the
more critical that the supervisor looks out on the child's behalf.
However, the supervisor generally will serve as an impartial
observer unless there is a clear and present danger in the
* Provide transportation for the children to the visitation
* You will be conducting business as an independent contractor as a
visitation supervisors. You will be need to obtain additional
business tools, resources will be provided. As a contractor
visitation location ideas will be provided but you must determine
the location of the contract locations.
Here is What You'll Bring To the Role
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 2 or more years of experience working with children in a formal
setting (please describe in your resume.)
* Must have a clean & safe driving record.
* Pass a criminal background check, which may include
* Be willing to submit to a drug test.
* Must be able to work a flex schedule and occasionally work on
* Must have a current driver's license and proof of insurance.
* Car in good shape - reasonably clean, with car seats for
* Own personal/laptop computer or Tablet.
* Own cell phone.
* Must be able to lift 20-40 pounds and assist children with car
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Vision insurance
* Self-determined schedule
All contractors and clients are required to wear masks and maintain
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* working with children in a formal setting: 2 years (Required)
* Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: On the road%58047475%
Keywords: FPAWS Family Time Network, Tacoma , Supervised Visitation Worker, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!