MTS1, Software Engineer
Company: eBay Inc.
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and
creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of
global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell,
connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in
joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an
ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay - a company you
can be proud to be with. eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that
connects millions of buyers and sellers across the globe. We exist
to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs,
businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces
operates in 190 markets around the world. **Open to hiring multiple
locations across the selected states in U.S. and will consider full
time remote** The Team The eBay Marketing Tech team is looking for
a strong server side engineer with a zeal for providing innovative
and scalable solutions. They will focus on building reliable and
responsive microservices services and infrastructure to support
mobile app teams. One should be adept at proving designs by rapid
prototyping, when applicable. Job Duties
- Build services and systems infrastructure using your strong
background in distributed systems, network system design, and large
scale database systems.
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product
- Provide strong technical leadership with a focus on continuous
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that
are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
- Participate in design discussions and project related team
- Partner with other developers, product managers, QA, analysts
and operations teams to deliver scalable, fault-tolerant
- Practice and improve industry standard methodologies, such as
CI/CD, test automation, A/B testing and experimentation.
- Maintain the highest coding and quality standards.
- Identify project risks and work optimally to mitigate
- Develop industry and product technical expertise.
- Degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent
- 5-10 proven experience in back end technologies.
- Expertise in server side languages such as Java and frameworks
such as Scala, Spring, Spring Boot and NodeJS.
- Proficiency with messaging systems such as Kafka,
- Track record of REST API design, documentation, and
- Experience with design and development of microservices is
- Experience working with huge data sets in relational (such as
Oracle, MySQL) and NoSQL (such as Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Understanding of web development technologies such as HTML,
- Experience with Test Driven Development frameworks like jUnit,
Mockito is a plus.
- Quality champion with a commitment to writing code and tests to
maintain high quality
- Experience with Agile software methodologies is desirable.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and with small and
- Excellent communication, presentation, social and analytical
- Go-getter, confirmed problem solver with excellent testing and
- Comfortable working with Git in a CI/CD environment. Benefits:
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the
work you do every day. Whether you're single, in a growing family,
or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and
competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal
& paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your
financial security today and in the years ahead because we know
feeling financially secure during your working years and through
retirement is important. Here at eBay, we love creating
opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse
backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and
inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it is who we are, and
part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure
that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who
you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity
to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay's Diversity
& Inclusion click here:
#Remote #Bellevue #seattle eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity
employer. - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status,
and disability, or other legally protected status. - If you are
unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive
technology or a disability, please contact us at -email@example.com.
- We will make every effort to respond to your request for
disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with
location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes
Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico. For more information see: - EEO is
the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement This website
and accessibility info
Keywords: eBay Inc., Tacoma , MTS1, Software Engineer, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!