Posted on: September 24, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Environmental Services Tech is responsible for
maintaining a safe and sanitary environment in assigned areas for
patients, visitors, and associates by following infection control,
safety, and procedural guidelines. The position will complete
duties including emptying wastebaskets, sweeping, scrubbing,
waxing, or polishing floors, and using brooms, mops, or powered
scrubbing and waxing machines.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OTHER
- Complete cleaning duties such as dusting, mopping, vacuuming,
trash, and linen removal.
- Clean patient, staff, office, and support areas following
established infection control and cleaning procedures resulting in
- Ensure the appearance of all assigned areas is clean, neat, and
organized for proper use.
- Maintain surgical and labor suites.
- Clean Critical Use Equipment, disassembling, cleaning, and
reassembling surgery tables, LDRP beds, jacuzzi tubs, giraffe, and
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and
- Carry linens, towels, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled
- Transport waste and trash to disposal areas.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, or polish floors, using brooms, mops, or
- Operate assigned equipment, (floor machines, buffers,
- Report any problems with equipment or needed repairs
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal services.
- Knowledge of medical instruments and sterilization standards of
- Skilled in giving full attention to what other people are
saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- The ability to perform physical activities that require
considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body,
such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling
- The ability to inspect equipment or materials to identify the
cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- The ability to provide information to supervisors, co-workers,
and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in
- The ability to observe, receive, and otherwise obtain
information from all relevant sources.
- The ability to deal directly with the public.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHERSThis position has no
supervisory responsibilities. However, the Environmental Service
Tech will interact daily with co-workers, supervisors, patients,
and third-party representatives.EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND
A high school diploma or general
education degree (GED) is required.One year of customer service
experience is required.Immunization and Covid vaccine records are
required.The COVID booster may be required in some locations as
Keywords: Clean2TheKore, Tacoma , Custodian, Other , Centralia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!