Clinic Medical Assistant Float
Company: Franciscan Medical Group
Posted on: August 7, 2022
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the
future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That
means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to
home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly
specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs
with convenient access to the region's most prestigious experts and
innovative treatments and technologies. - - -As a part of our
organization, we currently offer the following benefits: -
Competitive starting wages (DOE) and
training to grow within the companyFlexible health spending
accounts (FSA)Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement ProgramsTuition
Assistance for career growth and developmentCare@Work premium
account for additional support with children, pets, dependent
adults, and household needsEmployee Assistance Program (EAP) for
you and your familyVoluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical
Illness, and Identify TheftAdoption AssistanceWellness Program
Franciscan Medical Group is currently seeking a PER DIEM Clinic
Medical Assistant Float for the Franciscan Regional Float Pool.
Certified Medical Assistants may apply for an excellent opportunity
to learn clinical details across both primary and specialty CHI
Franciscan clinics. You receive additional compensation for your
flexibility to travel within the Puget Sound area as you expand
your knowledge in ambulatory patient care. Come join our high
performing clinical float pool team! -NOTE: Float Pool Supervisor
is willing to discuss Region that will work best for you! King,
Pierce and Peninsula Regions! -Job Summary:Under the direction of
the health care provider, Certified Medical Assistant is
responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the
safety and wellbeing of all patients. Accurately performs
preliminary physical tests such as: measures blood pressure,
records weight, temperature, pulse and respirations and other
measures as directed by established clinical protocols. Support of
regional clinics by driving to various assigned locations. - If
assigned to the centralized FMG Float Pool, an incumbent provides
patient care services to the assigned clinic/work unit as needed to
meeting staffing needs. - Requires frequent driving to assigned
location(s). -Key Responsibilities: -
- Perform general patient care by following established standards
and procedures.Greet and prepare patients for the health care
- Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to,
blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight,
drug allergies, and current medications and presenting
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients
and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral,
injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant
- May perform routine tests including but not limited to
- May pend orders in the EHR for provider sign off as directed.
- Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of
care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain
equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly;
dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results
in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the
practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
- Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy
rights using HIPAA compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager,
supervisor, Lead or as requested by healthcare
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma (or GED equivalent) and completion of a
Medical Assistant certification program at an accredited
institution that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job
- One year experience as a Medical Assistant preferred.
- Current certification by the State of Washington as a Medical
- Must have a current Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support
(BLS) certification or obtain it within the first 30 days of
employment. -If assigned to the FMG Float Pool, current driver's
license and ability to drive to assigned location(s).
Keywords: Franciscan Medical Group, Tacoma , Clinic Medical Assistant Float, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!