Peer Leader Trainer
Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the
things people look for in a job.But if you're the kind of person
who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's
wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind
of person we're looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project,
you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to
you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to
serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.At Wounded
Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished
without our talented teammates, which is why we're proud to offer
benefits such as:
- A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days' work
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
- Competitive pay and performance incentives
- A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environmentA
mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to
get started, we're ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
Peer Leader Trainer develops the delivery of the peer leader and
warrior leader training curriculums for warriors, family support
members, staff, and other audiences. The Peer Leader Trainer's
primary functions are to build training curriculums, manage
learning management systems, and coordinate and conduct training in
partnership with other WWP Alumni program teammates and peer
Note: WWP peer groups are led by and designed for warriors who want
to discuss personal challenges and lend support to one another and
are available to warriors across the country. WWP helps warriors
connect with fellow veterans and service members in their
communities and overcome challenges as a team.DUTIES &
- Formulates, recommends, and implements plans for recruiting,
screening, training, and evaluating volunteer peer leaders.
- Review current training and ensure delivery of a comprehensive
training plan for all volunteers, with a focus on maintaining
standardized organizational peer leader best practices.
- Periodically review position descriptions, and design or
redesign position descriptions for volunteer roles as needed.
- Conduct training for peer leaders and warrior leaders to
prepare them for their volunteer service across all WWP
- Annually review the peer leader handbook and training
materials, update as needed, and develop other written materials
for the peer leader program.
- Review and revise continuing training for current volunteers
and Peer Leader Specialists as needed.
- Develop, plan, and maintain all aspects of administrative
support and logistical aspects of peer leader training and alumni
points of contacts.
- Provide delivery of academic and skill-based training in
accordance with established lesson plans, ensuring that all
training objectives are accomplished.
- Conduct a variety of training activities to aid in participant
learning, including lecture, small and large group exercises,
skill-based activities, scenarios, and on-the-job training.
- Manage and evaluate peer leader conduct and performance,
ensuring participants follow organization guidelines and
requirements for attendance, behavior, appearance, completing
assignments, and testing.
- Develop and facilitate virtual programming content via Zoom,
Facebook Live, and other technology-based platforms.
- Coordinate and lead WWP facilitator training in support of peer
leader training events.
- Maintain, edit, and periodically update warrior leader/peer
leader training materials.
- Develop new training materials as required or directed.
- Serve as subject matter expert for warrior leaders and peer
support group leaders.
- Assist in the analysis of trends, feedback, and survey
- Other related duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Self-motivated, positive, outgoing, personable, and able to
relate well with diverse populations and age groups; tactful,
mature, and flexible.
- Knowledge of learning management systems (LMS) and various
software platforms to facilitate virtual learning (Articulate
- Familiarity with adult learning models
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and
phases of the project lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to deliver classroom and skill-based
training to adults.
- Leadership skills that reflect and value a team approach,
demonstrated integrity, effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability
to deliver high quality service.
- Effective organizational and time management skills. Highly
capable of handling multiple tasks, projects, and timelines.
- Strong presentation skills. Confident communicator with
demonstrated ability to present information effectively to large
audiences, small groups, and individuals.
- Familiarity with military culture.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, be decisive,
influence others, and influence change.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
programs especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in or knowledge of recovery from traumatic injury,
illness, or combat stress
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time including overnight and
- High energy level. Self- starter; willing to take initiative
and work independently when needed.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Three years of public speaking experience.
- Two years of experience planning, resourcing, and executing
training and instruction.
- Two years of experience managing volunteers; OR two years of
experience successfully performing in a WWP programmatic position,
e.g., Outreach Specialist or Peer Leader Specialist; OR two years
of experience coordinating volunteer activities and two years of
experience designing and developing interactive self-paced
- Three years of experience working with or managing
- Bachelor's degree in business, education, training, or relevant
degree. Equivalent combination of education, applicable experience,
training, and certification may be considered in lieu of
- NoneCERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURERequirements:
- Valid state-issued driver's license.Preferences:
- None.WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment: temperature controlled.
- Up to 50% travel.We recognize the success of our mission
depends on the efforts of our passionate, hard-working teammates.
To help teammates remain focused on the warriors and families we
serve, WWP offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical/Prescription drug, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D,
Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and an Employee
Assistance Program. WWP also offers a 401(k) retirement plan, a
competitive PTO package, Sick Leave, Family Care Leave, Paid
Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Education Assistance, and Bereavement
Leave. For Colorado Applicants:The estimated hiring range for this
position is between $51,200 - $76,800 annual base salary,subject to
a candidate's combination of experience, qualifications, and
credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual
performance incentive.For New York Applicants: The estimated hiring
range for this position is between $58,880 - $88,320 annual base
salary,subject to a candidate's combination of experience,
qualifications, and credentials. This position may also be eligible
for an annual performance incentive.*ca-cbWounded Warrior Project
is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal
employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military
status, disability, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law.Please note:Wounded Warrior Project
is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from
search firms without a written search agreement in place. All
resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Wounded
Warrior Project via email, the Internet or directly to hiring
managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form without a valid
written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property
of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be paid in the event
the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project as a result of
the referral or through other means."
Keywords: Wounded Warrior Project, Tacoma , Peer Leader Trainer, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!