RN Residency PCU
Company: Common Spirit
Posted on: May 15, 2022
In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest
quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and
CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a
new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason
Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and
expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals
and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are
empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and
well-being of our communities.
* This position is responsible for providing care to the patient
who is hemodynamically compromised and requires monitoring of
multiple systems and/or nursing interventions every two to four
* Work is performed under standards of safety and care that provide
instruction/guidance for taking care of issues and patient needs in
the absence of a physician. Requires the use of judgment and
critical thinking skills in making decisions regarding patient care
(within the scope of practice), including knowledge and integration
of available standards, resources and data, and in the efficient
utilization of staff/resources.
* Work involves continuous contact with physicians, patients,
patient families, community agencies, patient care staff and
* An incumbent is accountable for the quality of care provided to
patients, and has the authority to direct care, provide education,
seek resources at the unit/department level, and delegate
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
* One year of related work experience in an acute care setting is
* Possession of a BSN degree is preferred.
* Previous PCU/ICU experience preferred, or
* 1-2 years med/surg experience, or
* New graduate with completion of senior practicum in a specialty
area i.e.: Critical Care, ED, PACU or
* For those with no previous PCU/ICU experience, must successfully
complete the PCU residency or the critical care residency
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington
State Board of Nursing.
* Current American Heart Association Healthcare BLS
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or attainment within 6
months of hire.
* CCRN/Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN)
Keywords: Common Spirit, Tacoma , RN Residency PCU, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!