Child Care Site Leader - Franklin Pierce
Company: YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Starting Wage: $15.50+ per hour, depending on
qualificationsHours of Operation: Monday - Friday 6:00am -
6:00pmLocation: Franklin Pierce School District
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENTPer Governor Inslee's Proclamation
21-14.1, employees of educational settings must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 no later than October 18, 2021, unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means
that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of
an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of
employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof
of their COVID-19 vaccination. If you are in the process of getting
vaccinated or requesting a medical or religious exemption please
reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
about the process for final candidates.
Are you an passionate, caring leader looking to foster cognitive,
social-emotional, and physical development for school-aged
children? We are looking for cause-driven leaders who model values
of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring as coaches, tutors,
and mentors; who are ready to be invested in and grow, to take a
risk and be stretched; and who want a job that is not
transactional, but transformational.As the nation's leading child
care program, we believe children should have a place to explore
their interests and talents.
As the Site Leader, you will support the YMCA Child Care Program
year-round to serve our community with a variety of programmatic
and activity options to explore and develop interests and talents
with a focus on safety, health, social growth and academic
enhancement so that children have fun, grow and thrive in our care.
You will help in providing balanced recreation, education and
character development through enriched activities full of fun and
friendship.If hired for this position you will be responsible to
plan, organize, and implement services of the child care program at
the school sites. You will maintain positive communication with
parents, children, schools, and other staff; practice risk
management; and develop positive community relations.
In this position you will be able to use your skills for:
- Come alongside school personnel to support academic goals and
plans for children and school.
- Maintain positive public relations with members and always
represent the best interests of the YMCA.
- Maintain positive relationships and effective communication
with parents. Engage parents as volunteers.Communications:
- Understand the Washington Administrative Code to ensure program
is in compliance at all times.
- Greet all parents daily and inform them of all program changes.
Communicate frequently with parents concerning their child's
behavior, academic progress and socialization in the program.
- Assist Director in creating marketing plans and distributing
marketing materials as needed to increase enrollment.Developing
- Treat every participant fairly and equally regardless of
circumstances and abilities, making each feel good about themselves
and encouraging a fun environment.
- Recruit children for program; maintain accurate records of the
children to include their development, attendance, immunization,
and general health.
- Promote a positive environment that fosters fun, safety, and
our YMCA values which includes implementation of proximity praise,
specific action compliments, and our 8 Points of
- Implement curriculum, providing an integrated, child centered,
comprehensive curriculum and multicultural environment, which meets
the needs of every child, including those with disabilities.
- Communicate effectively with Licensors, Site Directors, and
- Set every child up for success; implement "Plan of Success"
form when needed and meet with all parties involved to create a
plan to help the child succeed.
Are you a good fit?
I am at least 18 years old with a High School Diploma or GED.
- I have at least 1 year experience working with children in a
child care setting.
- I enjoy working with school aged children and diverse
- I have or commit to obtaining CPR, Basic First Aid, Food
Handlers, and TB cards.
- I have a Washington State Driver's license (when applicable)
with current copy of driving abstract.
- I want to have fun at work!
Keywords: YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties, Tacoma , Child Care Site Leader - Franklin Pierce, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!