Tech Support Specialist I
Company: Catholic Community Services
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Safety - Stability - Supportive Connections Posted Date 5 days
ago (1/7/2022 5:42 PM) Job ID 2021-5942 # of Openings 2 Category
Information Technology Min USD $24.00/Yr. Overview $24.00-$29.00 HR
DOE Join our Team! We offer an excellent benefits package!
3 weeks vacation * 12 days sick leave * 13 holidays* medical *
dental* vision* life insurance * LTD * AD&D * pension * 403b *
catastrophic & accident ins * flexible schedules Position
Description: (Summary of position) The Technical Support Specialist
1 is responsible for setting up, installing, and troubleshooting
technology, hardware and software. The Technical Support Specialist
upgrades, services, and maintains all hardware and software for CCS
and CHS. These tasks are performed on various hardware and cloud
platforms including desktops, laptops, tablets, smart phones and
telephony systems under the guidance of a lead or senior Technical
Support Specialist. The tasks can be performed on the phone,
remotely or in person. The Technical Support Specialist 1 will be
working closely with CCS CHS employees, interns and volunteers as
well as with outside contractors and vendors under the guidance of
a lead or senior Technical Support Specialist, System
Administrators and Network Engineers. Responsibilities MAJOR DUTIES
- Provide helpdesk, remote assistance or onsite computer support
to offices and agencies throughout Western Washington. Respond to
PC hardware, software, printer, VPN, LAN, cloud service, mobile
device, Wi-Fi, and secure wireless problems.
- Install and/or repair computers and components, peripherals and
software; configure systems for optimal performance; create and
manage new users, groups and e-mail accounts, grant access to
resources as part of the IT team.
- Maintain schedule of repairs, installations, etc... Prioritize
issues following established procedure for determining priorities
and respond to "emergency" computer problems at different remote
sites, as needed. Maintain and update tickets. Follow up after
- Troubleshoot basic user, client devices, and cloud services
configuration issues and connectivity.
- Consult and coordinate day-to-day tasks with the Senior
Technical Support or Network Engineer, as necessary.
- Maintain records and logs in ticketing system as required for
documenting all requests for assistance and worked performed or
- Provide backup computer support at interregional sites as needs
arise and time permits.
- Learn and assist users in following computer-related HIPAA
guidelines and cyber security guidelines
- Provide excellent customer services to diverse audience via
phone, in-person and email.
- Perform basic tasks in cloud services delegated by System
Administrators and Network Engineers.
- Other Duties as assigned Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2 years' experience in successfully supporting end-users with
PC hardware, software, peripherals and LAN problems.
- Entry level knowledge of information technology, particularly
with emphasis on PCs, Windows-based applications, networks, the
Internet, mobile devices, Wi-Fi, and wireless devices.
- Working knowledge and understanding of variety of computer
software programs with emphasis on Microsoft Business Application
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of computer repair and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and
experience including the ability to patiently communicate and share
technical details in a professional, polite and articulate manner,
with both novice and experienced diverse population of PC
- Must have a driver license, auto insurance, reliable
transportation and ability to drive to all local and remote CCS
- Commitment to excellent customer service, with strong
interpersonal skills and patience is required.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving
skills and the need for minimal supervision when necessary.
- The ability to contribute to a work environment that fosters
respect, teamwork, and excellence.
- Criminal history background checks are required prior to
- Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and
respectful environment that promotes teamwork. Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later.
Keywords: Catholic Community Services, Tacoma , Tech Support Specialist I, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!