Posted on: November 19, 2021
We're building the future of real estate - today.-- HomeLight is
the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of
homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and
win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that's finding
a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time,
easy close. HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real
estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where
every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying
for all. We are a 100% resale/purchase business (no-refis) and
we--do not--expect you to do business development.-- Who You Are
You are the key to home ownership. As an Escrow Officer/Closer,
you're the human link between our process and people. You're there
at the beginning, reviewing contracts and following instructions.
You're there in the middle, ensuring that all the associated
paperwork is completed efficiently and accurately. You're working
with agents and their clients to keep the process moving forward,
verifying that titles are clean, taxes are paid, and loans are
funded. Finally, you're there at the end, to assure that no funds
or property will change hands until all terms have been carried to
- Trusted consultant, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
that gives agents and home buyers alike the confidence that their
transaction is in reliable, good hands and will be completed on
- Problem solver, using your industry knowledge to identify
potential issues; recognizing what's wrong, knowing how to fix it
and avoiding unnecessary delays.
- Constant learner, staying on top of changing rules and
regulations to avoid setbacks and enable transactions to close on
- People reader, recognizing and adapting to an agent's or
homebuyer's personality and mood to make them feel comfortable,
even when delivering bad news; showing empathy to ease their
frustration and give them confidence that you're in their
- Multi-tasker, highly organized, being able to work a large
number of contracts with numerous agents, buyers and sellers
simultaneously under deadline pressure What You'll Do Here
- A to Z:--Knowing the intricacies of the contract from beginning
to end, ensuring that it is closed in a timely, efficient and
- Devoted to detail:--Verifying all paperwork is complete so that
escrow closes on time and correctly.
- Following the money:--Working with lenders and underwriters to
ensure that all the I's are dotted and T's are crossed to fund and
- Relationship building:--Establishing and maintaining
relationships with essential industry players - agents, attorneys,
lenders, surveyors and government agencies - that enable you to
smoothly manage transactions.
- Business builder:--Earning the confidence and trust of new
agents and creating opportunities to market our business; retaining
agents by providing them with white-glove service.
- Talent builder:--Training escrow assistants to open
opportunities for advancement; delegating, auditing work, answering
questions and giving direction.
- Sealing the deal:--Being present at closing and making it a
positive, memorable experience for agents and buyers. What You
- Education:--High school diploma or equivalent; take continuing
education courses as required.
- Experience:--Two to three years of escrow experience, both
front- and back-end experience.
- Certification:--Notary public and escrow officer licenses as
per local regulatory requirements (Eg. in CA we require California
Land Title Association requirements to qualify as an Onsite Manager
for the California Department of Insurance).
- Industry awareness:--Technical knowledge of closing
- Computer skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Communications skills:--Strong written and verbal skills to
keep agents, buyers, sellers and all other parties up to date with
the process and work with them to resolve issues.
Keywords: HomeLight, Tacoma , Escrow Officer, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!