Registered Nurse Acute RN - Seattle
Posted on: October 14, 2021
3401 South 19th
St, Tacoma, Washington, 98001-9616, United
States of America
DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who
is looking to give life to patients in an Acute Hospital
setting. RNs in this role work autonomously alongside the
hospital staff to assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions
for the critically ill patients.
If you haven’t considered Nephrology nursing before, read on as
we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required.
What you can expect:
- Use your critical care thinking skills. Whether
this is the first or a blip in their chronic treatment, our RNs are
experts in educating our patients and families. You’ll be able to
leverage your nursing skills for patients who are often dealing
with multiple co-morbidities and/or acute conditions which require
unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of
nursing skills and knowledge.
- Not just hemodialysis. Acute RNs may
deliver nephrology care across multiple renal therapies:
peritoneal, continuous renal replacement and apheresis.
- Autonomy in a hospital setting. Deliver
dialysis to patients at a particular hospital or group of hospitals
and become an integral part of their team and ours. As a teammate
in an acute setting you work on your own almost all of the time.
Each day you assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for
critical patients. Our Hospital Services group performs 1.1M
- Dynamic environment. No two days are ever the same for
an acute dialysis nurse. You’ll work within a variety of settings
(ICU, CCU, ER and more), and you’ll be able to keep learning new
nursing skills on top of dialysis.
- Schedule: Provide emergent, lifesaving care during on
call shifts. Schedules vary by hospital system. For this role
expect to know your weekly schedule in advance, but your daily
schedule may change depending on patient needs. Must be in
commutable distance based on on-call requirements.
- The Gold Seal. As an Ambulatory Health Care
accredited provider, DaVita is following and meeting the highest
standards of care, providing care in line with the highest industry
standards according to The Joint Commission. We expect our
nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal
setting and quality improvement initiatives.
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects
teammates to what matters most: robust health care coverage,
retirement planning and savings tools, opportunities for career
development, and well-being resources.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401k,
paid time off, PTO cash out, DaVita-negotiated discounts on
hundreds of items from your cell phone plan to movie tickets,
Bright Horizons backup care, elder care and more.
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new teammates a robust,
paid training program to help you gain the right dialysis skills.
The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita
is committed to providing robust development and experience for
nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving
role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions,
integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that
- 3000+ locations and 800+ hospital partnerships across the U.S.
for wherever life may take you.
Some additional details about this position:
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with
a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you
will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings,
evenings, weekends, and holiday
You Must Have (aka. Requirements):
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the
state where practicing
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with mandatory overtime
required due to the nature of the acute treatment you are
- Work long days without notice
- Ability to travel to multiple hospitals within a given
area (Be sure to ask your recruiter about the commute range
for this position.)
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound
recommendations in stressful situations
- Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large
hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of
nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N);
three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be
substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and
You might also have (a.k.a. preferred, not required):
- Hemodialysis nursing experience in an acute or chronic
- Medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU),
Critical Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER)
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse
(CDN) and/or Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN)
Nurses: if this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend
who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us
a message on our DaVita Careers Facebook page.
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer – Vet and Disability. To
learn more about what this means click here.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company
second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a
place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity &
Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes
part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As
such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted
without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors,
including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and
experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a
competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match,
healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more
Keywords: DaVita, Tacoma , Registered Nurse Acute RN - Seattle, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!