Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: September 11, 2021
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for maintaining a secure environment for all residents
and associates within the building and on the community grounds.
Greets visitors, monitors the inside and outside of the building,
and responds to emergencies.
- Greets and monitors visitors and residents coming and going
from the building. Logs all residents and visitors in and out.
- Monitors the inside and outside of the building and the parking
lot; reports any abnormal findings to the Executive Director or to
the proper authorities as the situation dictates.
- Locks doors at designated time, according to community
protocol. Checks the security of all doors regularly throughout the
- Maintains familiarity with and monitors all emergency and
safety equipment including security cameras, phones, and life
- Responds appropriately to emergencies by calling or contacting
appropriate internal and external parties, according to established
protocol. Assists with disaster management efforts and activities
during evacuations (i.e. fires, hurricanes, etc.).
- Answers the phone promptly. Responds to questions, directs
calls, or takes messages as appropriate.
- Escorts residents and visitors to the parking lot during
evening hours, as requested.
- May be required to handle leasing inquiries after hours and on
weekends, making sure that accurate and timely information is
provided to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Drives the bus or community vehicle as needed or as
- Handles minor maintenance emergencies (i.e. plugged toilets,
reset breakers, replace light bulbs, etc.) as needed.
- Ensures the lobby and administrative offices are vacuumed, and
kept clean and neat. Notifies housekeeping if cleaning is
- Interacts with residents and guests in a friendly and courteous
manner, providing assistance and directions as requested.
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Tacoma , Security Guard, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!