Law Clerk I - Immediate Interviews!
Company: Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
Law Clerk I
The September 11th Victim Compensation Fund ("VCF") was created
to provide compensation for any individual or personal
representative of a deceased individual who suffered physical harm
or was killed as a result of the terrorist-related aircraft crashes
of September 11, 2001 or the debris removal efforts that took place
in the immediate aftermath of those crashes. The original VCF
operated from 2001- 2004. In 2011, the James Zadroga 9/11 Health
and Compensation Act of 2010 was signed into law and reactivated
the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund in October 2011.
In July 2019, the Fund was reauthorized permanently.
More information about the VCF can be found at https://www.vcf.gov/.
A final step in the VCF review of claims is completed by the
Quality Review and Cold Review Teams. The teams verify that claims
are free of any issues that will prevent payment. Working closely
with other VCF teams and, under the supervision of the Quality
Review Project Manager and/or Cold Review Team Lead, the Quality
Review/Cold Review Reviewer I performs the following eligibility
and post-award determination duties and responsibilities while
complying with established VCF Standard Operating Procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Quality Review and Cold Review of eligibility and
compensation determinations of Non- Economic Loss Personal Injury
and Wrongful Death claims, including:
- Confirm that claimants/victims sufficiently submit all
documentation required for award payment.
- Confirm that determinations are consistent with VCF standards
and are entered correctly into the Claims Management System.
- Review eligibility and compensation determinations, including,
but not limited to: non-economic loss awards, offsets, claimant
details and award letter instructions.
- Review generated award letters and missing information loss
calculation letters for accuracy.
- Enter award determinations or corrections in the claim
management system when required.
- Participate in meetings with Quality and Cold Reviewers to
discuss issues identified during post- determination review.
- Assist with follow-up/issue resolution between claim review
teams and the Quality Review team.
- Work on special projects as assigned and other projects as
- Attend weekly Quality Review and Cold Review Teams’
- Attend weekly Claim Review Team Meetings and related
- Participate in the eligibility claim review process, producing
up to 3 claims per month as assigned.
- Participate in the Fast Track claim review process, producing
up to 3 claims per month as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree required, paralegal certificate a plus;
graduate or law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited
law school, having completed at least one year of
- 0 – 1 year of VCF claim review or comparable experience for
staff with law degrees.
- Three years relevant experience for non-QR and CR staff.
- Knowledge of Government data processing environment, including
automation networks, PC-based databases and other applications, and
internet and server-based databases and other applications.
- Proficient with MS Excel (intermediate user or higher),
MS Access, and other Microsoft Office suite products including, but
not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, imaging and hardware
- Experience in claim management or processing environments
- Understand tasks, task objectives and the context of
those tasks in the claim review lifecycle
and ability to work independently to complete tasks,
effectively prioritize work and accurately perform
detailed work under pressure without compromising
- Collaborative nature, comfortable coordinating across teams and
with various managers, supervisors, and team members.
- Comfortable working in an environment with high volume inputs,
outputs, and deadlines.
- Passionate about attention to detail, deadlines and work
- Excellent typing/keyboarding skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated, Tacoma , Law Clerk I - Immediate Interviews!, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!