Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
Personnel Security Specialist
Personnel Security Specialist (PSS)
To provide personnel and administrative support services for DHS
Federal Protective Services (FPS) offices.
Provides personnel and administrative support of the overall
operational objectives for FPS Personnel Security Division, duties
may include, but are not limited to:
• Initiates background investigations.
• Manages receipt of security documents submitted
from contractor applicants.
• Conducts fingerprinting procedures;
• Initiates contact with personal references,
employers of applicants, and appointees for use in pre-employment
• Verifies the appropriate level of background
investigation being requested, and ensures all documents required
for suitability processing have been completed and included in the
• Operates office equipment (e.g., computers,
facsimile machines, copiers, scanners, printers, and phone
• Prepares, submits, monitors, and updates
computer tracking systems concerning appropriate case
• Serves as a source of reference and guidance
for staff members regarding the monitoring and maintenance of
• Applies incident management, problem solving,
and task performance.
• Produces finished documentation; e.g., reports,
special studies, policy and procedure development, security
designs, training programs and assessments.
• Responsible for filing correspondence, and
other records in alphabetical or numerical order or according to
the filing system used
• Provides research and technical support to
• Provides solutions and documentation.
• Monitors project tasks and schedules.
Minimum Experience & Education
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US
government security clearance.
• Must have at least three (3) years of
experience in the personnel security field.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree.
• Must be highly organized and have excellent
oral and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with ISMS, eQIP, CVS, and/or
• Experience using Microsoft Office Programs and
desktop publishing application software and hardware.
• Must be able to successfully complete a writing
sample during the interview process.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement