IT Help Desk Technician I
Company: Grays Harbor County Sheriff
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position provides technical support for internal end-users,
resolves basic-to-moderate problems in support of the Help Desk,
and interacts closely with network, communications, and security
administrators to assist in the restoration of services and to
identify and help correct core problems. This position reports to
the IT Director.
- Serve as first level support specialist for PC applications,
software, hardware and peripherals
- Provide support for end-user and networked peripherals, e.g.,
printer, scanners, fax machines, and photocopiers
- Answer the Help Desk phone and e-mail requests
- Log all support requests and resolutions in help desk tracking
- Work with other IT staff in analyzing and solving
cross-platform software and hardware issues
- Perform limited user administration on e-mail and network
- Maintain and update asset records of all software and hardware
information in inventory database
- Create and/or maintain Help Desk related information, records
- Follow Grays Harbor County IT policies and procedures
- Serve as liaison between IT and end-users when network/telecom
- Install consumables on printer, copiers and fax machines
- Facilitate repairs for copiers and fax machines with outside
- Perform hardware and software moves, adds and changes
- Install and support voice mail applications
- 2-year degree in Computer Information Systems (or
- 2 years of experience providing technical support for pc,
networks, and phone systems.
- Current Microsoft MCP certification or higher
- Current A+ certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 8/10 and Microsoft
Office 2016 and newer.
- Working knowledge of networking and the TCP/IP protocol.
- Working knowledge of PC hardware and printing systems.
- Familiarity with VMware desirable.
- Familiarity with VoIP desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate with users.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced professional environment while
adapting to changes in organization, policy, and procedures.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications
- Ability to efficiently use time and resources in accomplishing
daily and project goals while maintaining a customer service
- Lift and/or move PCs, monitors, and associated equipment as
needed during installation or maintenance of such equipment.
Keywords: Grays Harbor County Sheriff, Tacoma , IT Help Desk Technician I, Other , Aberdeen, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!