Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Providence is calling a Echocardiographer (0.75 FTE, Day Shift)
to Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington.
Provides quality care to patients. Performs transthoracic
echocardiograms proficiently on inpatients and outpatients. Assists
physicians with technical aspect of transesophageal echocardiograms
and stress echocardiograms. Completes patient worksheets and
processes reports according to department guidelines. Participates
in the development of the Echocardiology department by active
participation in quality improvement. Works closely with the
Cardiovascular Imaging Manager on all issues affecting the
In this position you will:
Scans independently as an Echo Technologist.
- Assists physicians with technical aspect of transesophagel
- Assesses patient during exam and recognizes signs/symptoms
indicative of the patients' needs for intervention by reporting to
the appropriate individuals.
- Ensures patients safety and comfort during exams.
Completes all paperwork & tracking associated with services
provided by Echocardiology Department.
- Obtains accurate hx for exam ordered.
- Accurately verifies exam.
- Checks study w/Cardiologist for input.
Plans & arranges workload
- Communicates with coworkers and coordinator to bring patients
- Recognizes staff shortages and initiates alternatives.
- Demonstrates service excellence and positive interpersonal
relations in dealing with others, including patients/family
members, employees, managers, medical staff, volunteers, so that
productivity and positive relations are maximized
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Degree from a Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Program or a
program that is accredited by the Commmission on Accreditation of
Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate for Healthcare
- Registered as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer
(RDCS) or within 1 year of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- A minimum of 1 yr experience performing adult echocardiography
and experience wtih transesphageal and stress echocardiography
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a
127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic,
cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives
high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the
Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department
of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Tacoma , Echocardiographer, Other , Centralia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!