RN Residency Emergency
Company: Catholic Health Initiative
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As the flagship hospital of CHI Franciscan Health, St. Joseph
Medical Center continues to be the regional leader in the use of
advanced medical technologies and therapies.
The 361-bed regional medical center is a level II trauma center
with a robust cardiac surgery program that has recently received
Three Star Awards for our thoracic and cardiac programs. Our
Emergency Department has 33 beds and we see and average of 140
patients per day. We are most proud of our teamwork and the quality
of care we deliver to our patients.
What We Have To Offer To You
- The opportunity to work as a member of a great team that treats
a variety of patients, including trauma center, stroke center and
cardiac center patients.
- Faith-based culture where we value positive team players
- Collaborative scheduling
- 8, 10 and 12-hour shift options
- No on-call time required
- Financial support for specialty certifications
- Tuition assistance for advanced degrees
- Opportunities for career growth within the growing and highly
successful CHI Franciscan Health system
- Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits
This position is responsible for providing care for the
emergency patients presenting with a wide variety of medical
conditions across all populations.
- Previous E.D. experience current within the last 2 years
- Critical care experience, current within the last 2 years
- New graduate or RNs without E.D. or Critical Care experience
AND successful completion of the E.D. residency program.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification within sixty
days of hire, and maintained as current thereafter.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare BLS
- Completion of a NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider) class is
required at sites that do not provide labor and delivery services
within twelve months of date of hire and must be maintained as
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) within twelve months of
date of hire. Certification must be maintained as current
- National Institutes of Health Strokes Scale (NIHSS)
certification within six months of date of hire, and maintained as
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENPC) OR Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) within twelve months of date of hire.
Certification(s) must be maintained as current thereafter.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and/or Certified Emergency
Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
Keywords: Catholic Health Initiative, Tacoma , RN Residency Emergency, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!