Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
Jr Grants Specialist
The Grant Specialist will assist in reviewing grant proposals
and preparing non-complex award documents for USAID/FFP's Agreement
Officers. They will be
responsible for entering award information into USAID/FFP’s
assistance planning and financial systems, as well as, maintaining
internal award tracking databases. They will be responsible for
tracking and facilitating approvals of country specific waivers,
exemptions, and action memorandums. The Grants Specialist
will provide support in managing hard copy and electronic award
- Key Responsibilities
- Assist in reviewing non-complex grantee proposal documents for
completeness and accuracy. Review budget documents to ensure
proposed cost estimates are reasonable, allowable, and allocable in
accordance to 2 CFR 200 Cost Principles.
- Assist in preparing non-complex grants, cooperative agreements,
and award modifications, and Memorandum of negotiations for
Agreement Officer approval.
- Prepare post-award approval letters for the Agreement
- Enter award data into USAID/FFP’s Abacus, GLAAS, and ASIST
- Track and facilitate clearances of FFP waivers, exemptions, and
action memorandums submitted by FFP's Agreement Officer
- Assist in maintaining electronic and hard copy award
- Assist in responding to inquiries from AORs and grantees on
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills
Bachelor’s Degree required.
1-4 years of office experience including internships.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding attention to
- High level of integrity, professionalism including teamwork and
ability to deliver within short deadlines, work under pressure and
- Professional level skills in both oral and written
- Familiarity with US Government entities in general and USAID in
particular is desired.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Access).
Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government
issued Secret clearance for the duration of your employment.
One of the requirements for a US Government Secret clearance is US
citizenship. Only applicants who currently hold an active Secret or
higher-level security clearance or who are eligible to receive a
Secret security clearance will be considered for this
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle
or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is
occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25
This position description reflects Macfadden’s
assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description
restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement