Company: Catholic Community Services of
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Tahoma Indian Center has met the basic needs of low-income
and homeless Urban Native Peoples for more than 20 years in a safe,
warm, peaceful and drug- and alcohol-free environment. The purpose
of the Center is to restore and sustain the dignity and culture of
Urban Native Americans in Pierce County.
The Program Assistant is responsible for assisting with clerical
duties for the Tahoma Indian Center, cleaning needs, and referral
services. The Program Assistant should be able to multi-task,
demonstrate conflict resolution, de-escalation, setting firm
boundaries, and be a positive role model. This position requires a
steady completion of assigned essential duties in a timely manner
to be successful.
"+$2 per hour HERO pay for hours worked face-to-face with
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Open and close the center.
- Coordinate and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist with clerical duties, i.e. phones, email, printing.
- Maintain adequate office supplies (including paper supplies,
coffee/food) for the smooth running of the office.
- Perform data entry tasks as requested.
- Ongoing cleaning duties.
- Provide outstanding customer service, greet visitors and
clients and assist with inquires in a positive and helpful
- Assist with process of volunteers, i.e. application and
- Schedule appointments for clients to meet with providers at our
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of administrative support services experience
or other relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and support other staff
- A desire to help people from diverse backgrounds with multiple
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic
Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
- Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and
respectful environment that promotes teamwork.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to
deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in
- Knowledge of Pierce County community resources
- Experience working in a social service, non-profit setting
- Formal Office/secretarial/computer training
Note to Internal Candidates: HR reviews internal compensation
and determines increase based on their experience and also agency
internal equity factors
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply
or interview for this position.
Keywords: Catholic Community Services of, Tacoma , Program Assistant, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!