Wealth Strategies Advisor
Company: Heritage Financial Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Heritage Bank has an exciting opportunity to join our
organization! We are seeking a Wealth Strategies Advisor who wants
more than just a job - who wants to build a career and make a
difference in the communities where they live and work by building
and maintaining customer relationships.
The Wealth Strategies Advisor is responsible for advising Wealth
Management, Commercial and Retail Bank clients with financial
planning strategies and investment management matters, while
providing quality service to internal/external customers in support
of the Bank's strategic initiatives, to meet/exceed revenue growth,
profitability, and retention goals by acquiring new clients and
expanding services to existing clients.
Depending on experience, other geographical locations in Pierce
County, WA may be considered.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Accountable for achieving/exceeding key objectives and goals
in, business development, client retention, revenue growth,
portfolio quality, client satisfaction, and knowledge of
comprehensive wealth management and financial planning
- Work with new and existing clients to identify investment
objectives and matches their profiles to available products and
services. Research and analyze clients' complete financial picture
to develop informed recommendations based on individual client
situations in order to determine how to best provide service,
financial advice, and recommendations.
- Build and maintain knowledge of fiduciary responsibilities and
complete annual administrative account reviews. Seek continued
development of fiduciary and advisory skills through training and
- Responsible for prospecting, advising and serving Wealth
Management clients; establishes trusted relationships and
proactively generates referrals from clients and centers of
influence (COI) to include all lines of business within the Bank
and third party advisors (e.g. attorneys, accountants, etc.).
- Obtain new clients through detailed targeted business plans;
prospects clients in a new business development capacity by
sourcing and building own pipeline of clients and
- Actively manage larger client relationships to generate a
profitable investment revenue and financial planning fee
contribution to the Bank.
- Effectively profile clients and identifies needs for line of
business referrals and collaboratively partners with Commercial and
Retail Banking; proactively responds to branch and lender requests
for client meetings and appointments to cross-sell products and
services in the area of investment, insurance, estate transfers,
and general financial planning.
- Maintain an organized system for managing a pipeline and book
of business to include orderly follow-up with both prospects and
existing customers to generate additional business. Monitor
personal weekly/monthly sales efforts, ensuring sales targets,
referrals and results are consistently achieved.
- Responsible for coordinating education, communication and
client service for branch advisory & brokerage services programs.
Expands knowledge with current trends in Wealth Management and
works with specialists to keep up-to-date. Maintains an awareness
of competitive products, practices, rates and changes in the local
- Perform all duties in compliance with all applicable state and
federal laws and regulations.
- Participate in designated market area sales team meetings, and
participate in District and Branch sales meetings as
- Provide ongoing training to relationship managers and retail
bank employees as needed.
- Represent the Bank in the local community through proactive
participation in community, charitable, business and social
activities to allow for maximum client and customer contact.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics
or equivalent - required.
- 6 - 8 years of successful sales/client service experience in a
financial services industry possessing a broad background in
retirement products, general investment matters and applicable tax
and estate planning issues; must have excellent business
development skills with proven success in prospecting and building
relationships to enhance business opportunities and entrusted to
make quality decisions - required.
- NASD/NYSE Series 6 and/or 7, 63 and 65 (or 66) licensing -
- Requires resident state insurance license and non-resident
licenses for all states in which the Bank does business. Ability to
obtain within in six month of hire - required.
- Professional designation as CFA, CFP or other industry
certification - preferred.
- Must abide by all regulatory agency laws governing license(s)
held, and attend all necessary continuing education training
programs and meetings to maintain license(s).
- Advisors are required to be registered with the Bank's
Financial Services partner.
- Proven ability to provide professional, responsive customer
service; with strong customer service delivery, sales, business
development and relationship selling skills, both internally and
externally via telephone and person-to-person contact.
- Exceptional sales, networking and relationship building skills,
with demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to translate
customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions and
generate sales of advisory services and financial products.
- Thorough knowledge of financial planning strategies and the
ability to deliver advanced planning, financial strategies and
techniques of complex investment products and services.
- Advanced knowledge of bank investment, brokerage and trust
business services. Good working knowledge of all retail products
- Strong listening, verbal, written, and telephone etiquette
business communication skills, including effective questioning
strategies and presentation skills; with the ability to read,
write, speak, and understand English well.
- Thoroughly understands and applies principles, procedures,
compliance requirements, state/federal regulations, and policies
related to position and assigned area. Ability to maintain
appropriate continuing education hours.
- Strong analytical reasoning, attention to detail,
organizational, data review and time management skills, with the
ability to accurately manage multiple assignments, goals and
reporting requests, ensuring priorities are set and commitments and
deadlines are met, with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to handle and deal with sensitive and confidential
matters in a tactful and discreet manner.
- Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel,
Outlook, Power Point, Project); and working knowledge and
experience with financial planning software; with the ability to
learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand,
under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee
and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating
schedule, which may require evening work.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading
of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone,
photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity
of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing,
stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file
- Occasional lifting 25-30 lbs. (i.e., files, boxes, etc.)
Travel Time: Varies 25 - 30%; willingness to travel to bank
locations and customer sites, as needed; availability for overnight
travel, as required; valid driver's license, proof of insurance and
access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and
utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to
carry out job-related essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of
all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for
information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please
##Street:1722 S Union Ave##
Keywords: Heritage Financial Corporation, Tacoma , Wealth Strategies Advisor, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!