Virginia Mason Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding
careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of
hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering
compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. VMFH
exists as a part of CommonSpirit Health, one of the largest
not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
We pride ourselves on excellence in service and hospitality by
contributing to the successes of our staff and patients. As a team
member at VMFH, you are provided unlimited opportunities for
personal and professional development along with great job
satisfaction. We would love for
you to come join our family!
This job is responsible for providing training/education to clinic
patients to facilitate successful PAP/CPAP therapy and help
individuals with sleep issues to maximize treatment opportunities
and reduce related health risks. An incumbent works closely with
patients to conitor/analyze device readings, review
compliance/progress with plan of care and self-management
objectives and to eliminate barriers to maximizing the quality of
Work also includes:
1) explaining/demonstrating use and care of assigned devices and
troubleshooting to assure proper function;
2) promoting knowledge/understanding of sleep
wellness/disorders/hygiene and effective treatments;
3) making digitual adjustments to device/equipment based on
patient needs and to optimize therapeutic value;
4) identifying device malfuncations and arranging replacement
with device provider;
5) documenting all interactions in the patient's medical record
in accordance with established procedures; and
6) performing device/equipment cleaning/maintenance
An incumbent may also occasionally perform respiratory care
procedures within scope of licensure as necessary.
Work requires knowledge of the standards, procedures and
equipment/tools applicable to PAP/CPAP therapy and applicable
An incumbent follows proper channels of communication in
handling daily and routine problems and recognizing issues that
need referral to management.
- Meets with clinic patients referred from healthcare providers
or as part of internal CPAP follow-up protocol to review progress
with plan of care and provide training to facilitate most effective
device/equipment usage and therapeutic results.
- Downloads and reviews/analyzes date from devices/equipment
procured by patients through their medical equipment provider;
makes digital adjustments to device/equipment based on patient
needs and to optimize therapeutic value.
- Documents all interactions in the patient's medical record via
EPIC in accordannce with established procedure.
- Performs device/equipment cleaning and maintenance activities
in accordance with established procedures.
- Coordinates meetings of sleep apnea support group in accordance
with american S leep Foundatio protocols for AWAKE groups.
- May occasionally perform respiratory care procedures as
Graduation from an approved school of Respiratory Therapy and two
years of related work experience that would demonstrate attainment
of the requisite job knowledge/abilities. Work experience in PAP
therapy is required.
- License to practice as a respiratory care practitioner through
the Washington State Department of Health is required.
- Registration through the National Board of Respiratory Care
- Current Certification as Clinical Sleep Educator (CSE) through
the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.