Medical Social Worker/LICSW - St.Joseph Hospital ($5000 Sign-On Bonus)
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Provides a wide range of clinical social work services in a
primary care or home health setting, including support and
consultation to care team in managing patients. Evaluate
psychosocial assets and deficits for the purpose of enabling the pt
to maintain the greatest level of independence. Coordinates with
others to establish a plan of care. Provides short term counseling,
teaching and brokering with other resources for care giving
$5000 SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE
- Provide appropriate social work interventions to all age
patients and their families including but not limited to
psychosocial assessment, brief individual or family, advocacy,
linkage, referral, group work, case coordination, and long-term
care planning and placement.
- Consultation and coordination with multidisciplinary team of
care professionals and primary care site medical/nursery staff, to
include family conferences, care conferences, team meetings and
- Assesses patient and family needs for care and communicates
with other health care providers appropriately. Collects data
relevant to visit with ongoing assessment throughout the duration
of care. Evaluate psychosocial assets and deficits for the purpose
of enabling the pt to maintain the greatest level of
- Evaluates patients/family needs through timely assessment,
communication and observation. Modifies plan of care through
assessement based upon patient/care systems response.
- Minimum one (1) year of previous social work experience.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.
- Masters degree in social work (MSW).
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (Washington) OR
Mental Health Counselor License (Washington) OR Licensed Marriage
and Family Therapist (Washington)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success as part of a multi-disciplinary team and
commitment to diversity.
- Two (2) years of post-masters experience.
- Care coordination experience in managed care system,
in-/outpatient setting, skilled nursing or long-term care
- Knowledge of social case management, conflict resolution and
team building practices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with electronic charting.
Primary Location: Washington,Tacoma,St. Joseph Medalia Building
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu,
Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End:
04:30 PM Job Schedule: Part-time Job Type: Standard Employee
Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: J03|SEIU|SEIU
Therapist Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: St Joseph
Hsp Rounding - UR-Discharge Planning - 1130 Travel: No Kaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Tacoma , Medical Social Worker/LICSW - St.Joseph Hospital ($5000 Sign-On Bonus), Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!