Company: GEO Group Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Facility: NORTHWEST ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Supervises security/control activities and staff in an assigned
area, which provides for maximum facility coordination in prisoner
supervision and safety, in addition to the preparation of required
records and reports.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies,
procedures and regulations for custody, security and/or treatment
- Responds to major unusual occurrences. Facilitates prompt and
appropriate assistance to detainees/inmates in the event of injury,
illness or emotional trauma.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to personality and character
development of detainees/inmates and staff through the
encouragement of favorable behavior patterns, arrangement of
physical facilities, and influencing relationships among
- Directs the work of other employees. This includes the
selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee
training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action,
- Makes assignments, reviews post orders and assures that all
procedures including emergency procedures are in place and staff is
trained in proper implementation.
- Reviews disciplinary matters concerning both staff and
- Reviews staff effectiveness and conducts frequent physical
inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and
- Gives primary guidance on situational problems; making
referrals for more complex problems.
- Prepares records and reports as assigned by management.
Maintains daily logs as required.
- Responsible for attaining facility goals/objectives and
ensuring compliance with all rules, regulations, policies and/or
procedures for security operations.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of
work performed by detainee/inmate staff. May provide detainee
supervision and security in other areas as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral
sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a correctional
setting, one (1) of which was in a position requiring supervisory
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command
the respect and confidence of detainees/inmates as well as staff
and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
- Supervisory Officers. Supervisors must be trustworthy and must
have a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a detention officer
and two (2) years of successful experience in field supervision
(e.g., civilian community law enforcement, commercial or industrial
guard service, or security service supervisory positions). The two
year requirement may be satisfied by completion of a career
development program that includes work-related experience,
training, or college credits at a level of achievement equivalent
to the basic requirement, as practiced in the federal hiring
Keywords: GEO Group Inc., Tacoma , Lieutenant, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!