Broadband Technician I
Company: RCN Telecom Services
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Company- Wave Broadband
Wave Broadband is currently searching for a Broadband Technician
I in our Chehalis, WA office. This position is responsible for
performing service calls and repairs, install, disconnect and
complete service changes on our cable TV, Internet and phone
services at customer residences.
The primary position responsibilities will include, but are not
- Install video, internet, and telephone in customers
- Perform repair and maintenance on multiple services including
video, data and voice
- Ensure and record correct RF levels and signal quality within
required specifications on active outlets.
- Educate customer on the proper use of services and equipment,
including channel lineups, and how to access online help.
- Operate Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment,
in accordance with company policies.
- Adhere to industry specific, local, state and federal
regulations, as applicable.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Customer service experience required.
- Broadband cable experience is a plus.
- Experience setting up a wireless network.
- Basic Networking skills and knowledge.
- Basic understanding/knowledge of internet speeds.
- Additional technical experience, i.e. setting up entertainment
centers such as TV's, DVD players and gaming devices is a
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience working with hand tools, power tools, drills,
- Availability to work weekends, holidays, evenings and overtime
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Work and travel in inclement weather
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx.
28 ft high and 75 pounds)
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of
weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs,
ladders, and fully loaded tool belts
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable
- Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the
day or night
Is this the career opportunity you've been searching for? Yes?
Then let us know about you - apply now!
- High school diploma or equivalent
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
WaveDivision Holdings (WDH) recognizes and strongly supports the
benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture
that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees.
WDH requires a drug test, background check, employment and
education verification as conditions of employment. WDH is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age,
marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job
related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected
Keywords: RCN Telecom Services, Tacoma , Broadband Technician I, Other , Chehalis, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!