Pharmacy Technician II - Credena Satellite Pharmacy
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Providence is calling a Pharmacy Technician II (1.0 FTE, 40
hours per week Variable Shift) to Providence Centralia Hospital in
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
Performs duties relating to the filling and dispensing of unit
dose, IV and chemotherapeutic medications from the pharmacy to the
nursing units and other ancillary departments in a prompt, safe and
In this position you will:
- Must be competent in the assessment, treatment, and age-related
- Actively supports and incorporates the mission, "Value-based
Customer Service Standards and Behaviors", and core values into
- Reports to work as scheduled and on time per system policy.
Time away from work is approved and taken in accordance with
established system policies.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information related to
patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other
- Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principles of safety
and infection control in daily activities as outlined in
Environment of Care, Infection Control, and Exposure Control
manuals. Maintains knowledge of work-appropriate aspects of
environment of care program.
- Participates in Department Process Improvement projects and
efforts. Positively represents the pharmacy department in
interactions with other departments and staff members throughout
Required qualifications for this position include:
Successful completion of a Pharmacy Technician Level A program
certified by the Washington State Board of Pharmacy. -OR-
3 years of Hospital Pharmacy experience working at least the
equivalent of 0.5 FTE or greater with IV admixture/aseptic
- Experience in at least seven areas of Advanced Hospital
Pharmacy technician practice at PCH in Chemotherapy
- OR Pharmacy Practices
- Automated Dispensing Machine (ADM) Management &
- Controlled Drug Management
- Training & Competency Validations
- Tech Check Tech Certification
- Outpatient Pharmacy Practice (including Map prescription
processing and POS)
- Medication Supply Management
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Triage Technician Functions & Problem Solving Skills
- Medication reconciliation skills
Experience with telephone call prioritization.
Experience with stressful/urgent need situation.
Active WA State Pharmacy Tech license from the Department of
- Current Pharmacy Technician National Certification from the
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a
127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic,
cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives
high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the
Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department
of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Tacoma , Pharmacy Technician II - Credena Satellite Pharmacy, Other , Centralia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!