Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Posted on: June 8, 2021
As a company critical to the needs of everyday people, we are
remaining open despite the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and are
looking to hire people just like YOU to help keep America fed and
stocked with supplies.
DISCOVER WHAT'S NEXT FOR YOUR CAREER.
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest
distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty
products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000
customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse
associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food
that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small
family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in
between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and
feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team
Supervises daily Transportation activities and personnel for a
specific shift to ensure functions are performed within Company and
Distribution Center guidelines. Provides excellent customer service
to stores serviced through timely order deliveries.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Routes and schedules loads for distribution to the store,
utilizing personnel and equipment in the most efficient manner.
Ensures that merchandise is delivered in the best possible
- Coordinates with Warehouse personnel to ensure proper timing
for delivery schedules.
- Assigns drivers to loads ensuring compliance with Company and
- Maintains good public relations with store management via
telephone communications and store visits. Works with store
personnel on special requests.
- Ensures all drivers comply with Company, Federal, State and
Local laws and regulations.
- Processes weekly/monthly DOT mileage report.
- Ensures compliance with Company and government rules and
regulations by all department personnel.
- Previous experience and/or formal training or education in
transportation, preferably with the Company or in the grocery
industry. Class A CDL, preferred.
- Possess thorough knowledge of material handling equipment and
traffic management to include truck and rail deliveries.
- Must have a good working knowledge of government regulations
pertaining to transportation.
- Possess good leadership skills and the ability to supervise the
work of others. Must be able to motivate and work with and through
others to achieve desired results.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and
over the telephone.
- Basic computer skills required and personal computer experience
helpful, with word processing and spreadsheet applications
preferred. Working knowledge of the onboard computer system,
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties
and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough
completion of work activities. Possess ability to concentrate and
deal with frequent interruptions.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Tacoma , Transportation Supervisor, Other , Centralia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!