Date: May 20, 2021
Tacoma, WA, US, 98421
Job Function: Refinery
Requisition Number: 1608
Title: Asphalt/Light Products Shipping Coordinator
U.S. Oil & Refining, a Par Pacific Holdings company, is an
industry leader in the production and supply of high-quality motor,
aviation and marine fuels, and asphalt in the Puget Sound market.
We have a refinery capacity of 42,000 bbls per stream day, and
total storage capacity of 2.7 million bbls, with 1.4 million bbls
of crude and the remainder products. We also offer biofuels in
various blends at our loading rack.
Our Shipping Department works a monthly rotating shift schedule
in a 24/7 operations environment. The successful candidate will be
trained on Day, Swing and Graveyard shift until qualified in all
areas of responsibility. Shipping Coordinators administer/update
the DV-TMS database at the Light Products Rack and Weigh Scale with
temperature, product, truck tank, insurance and customer/driver
information. They are responsible for daily transactional
reporting. Shipping Coordinators also administer the Load Rack
Controllers (LRCs) both at the rack and dock.
Specific job duties include:
- Receive, process and enter asphalt and light products rack
- Coordinate with Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) for truck
shipments to military bases.
- Prepare government documents and input daily shipments into
government internet site.
- Operate weigh scale manually or by TMS system to process orders
and receive products for offloading into the Refinery.
- Monitor the Light Products Rack for efficient operations and
observation of safety regulations.
- Inspect pumps, piping, tanks and meters for leaks and
- Issue work and purchase orders in Maximo.
- Prepare equipment for maintenance work in accordance with
Energy Control Procedures.
- Assist drivers with loading problems associated with rack
mechanics, TMS or LRC systems.
- Update the TMS system (driver, tank, product and carrier
- Monitor and operate the LRC system to include updates to the
product blend and additive field changes.
- After hours operation of Refinery telephone switchboard.
- POC and phone operator for Refinery emergencies (evacuations
and emergency response).
- Off Site Phone Operator doing Emergency Evacuations.
- Responsible for after-hours security of main office
- Provide driver safety orientation and training.
- Monitor drivers for proper safety practices, truck placarding
and other environmental and safety regulations.
- Monitor and maintain fuel service pumps (diesel and
- Monitor additive tanks and record inventory and offload
- Input data into Meridian electronic filing system.
- Obtain meter readings and tank gauges.
- Generate/distribute system reports.
- Train independent inspectors/gaugers.
- Maintain/track Red Dye seal numbers (Excel).
- Custodial duties to maintain a clean & safe rack, scale,
additive tank area and office environment.
The successful candidate will be a reliable self-starter who is
able and willing to work rotating shifts, weekends and holidays in
a 24/7 environment with flexibility to work overtime on short
notice. Candidate will be able to work under pressure in an often
fast-paced environment with good communications skills and a
positive attitude. Position requires strong Microsoft Office skills
(Excel and Word a must) and proven customer-service
background/focus. Knowledge of relational databases is desirable.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders and work in inclement
weather conditions. Will be required to pass Ecology Class C
Operators Training Course following hire.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we
offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes
medical, dental and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance;
a 401(k) with company match; robust paid time off (sick leave,
holidays, and vacation); employee assistance program; gym
membership allowance, and more.
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: PARR), headquartered in
Houston, Texas, owns and operates market-leading energy and
infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific's strategy is to acquire and
develop energy and infrastructure businesses in logistically
complex markets. Follow this link to learn more about career
opportunities at Par Pacific Holdings, Inc. https://www.parpacific.com/careers
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party
recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Tacoma
Job Segment: Shipping and Receiving, Supply, Refinery, Database,
Operations, Energy, Technology