Catholic Housing Services believes everyone deserves the right
to a safe, affordable place to call home. Inspired by this vision,
CHS develops, owns and manages affordable housing programs for
low-income families and individuals; currently including 2,500
units of housing in 60 different buildings across Western
Washington. We provide supportive services for people who have
experienced homelessness, low-income seniors, farm worker families,
and those who have special physical and mental needs
Janitorial needs for four Tacoma properties managed by Catholic
Housing Services. Perform general cleaning of all common areas and
vacant units, manage the garbage and recycling areas and schedule
for pick-up, assist with tenant education and understanding of care
and features of the property, manage supplies and inventory, and
provide tenants with a safe, positive and sanitary living
environment. Perform these tasks with minimum supervision, applying
solid work experience in this area for the following properties
Matsusaka Townhomes - 26 unit Family Property
Emmons Apartments- 22 units Family Property
Guadalupe Vista- 51 units Family Property
Nativity House- 50 Units-Permanent Supportive Housing for
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Maintain a clean exterior of all buildings.
- Walk the property grounds and pick up garbage.
- Pressures wash the sidewalks when needed.
- Sweep and mop all floors and stairwells interior and
- Take all garbage and recycling out to the garbage from the
community room and offices.-(schedules of pick up days and times
will be provided).
- Clean all offices, community rooms and bathrooms.
- Clean all laundry rooms by wiping down all machines and sweep
and mop all floors.
- Pre clean all vacant units before maintenance start their turn
and bag up all garbage from unit.
- Clean vacant units for rent ready.
- Be knowledgeable on cleaning products, equipment and how they
are to be used.
- Wear appropriate safety gear at all times.
- Carry a cell phone for emergencies and lock outs.
- Must be willing to travel to work at all locations listed above
including trainings and meetings at different locations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, develop a plan, schedule
and follow-through on projects.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Have transportation to the properties with valid driver's
license and insurance.
- Observe/follow guidelines on confidentiality rights of
residents and respect their privacy.
- Maintain accurate record of hours worked and turn in timesheets
- Attend trainings required of employees and staff meetings as
- Maintain cooperative relationships with residents/businesses in
- Contribute to the mission of Catholic Community Services and
Catholic Housing Services.
- Contribute to and support a positive, team-oriented work
This position requires the employee to work in an environment
where there may be exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other
potentially infectious material. Other exposures could include
cleaning supplies, chemicals involved in pest control, paint and
other materials used in building maintenance, building temperature
fluctuations, dust, noise, and odors.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ACUITY DEMANDS:
The requirements described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Able to walk the entire building, and to ascend and descend
stairs to move from one floor to another in order to respond to
- Able to hear telephone rings, phone conversation, door bells,
pager beeps, emergency alarms and normal conversation.
- Able to speak clearly in person and on the telephone.
- Able to handwrite legibly.
- Able to observe safety rules.
- Able to read normal size print and handwritten notes.
- Mobility/dexterity of hands/arms to enable keying into a unit
or other locked area.
Able to make independent decisions and apply sound judgment in
performing job duties
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Qualifications that applicant must
posses to be considered for the position.)
- Minimum 1 year of janitorial experience.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to work independently.
- Commitment to developing and safekeeping a workplace that
values and supports a culturally diverse work environment.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Ability to work within the mission, goals, and objectives of
Catholic Housing Services