Company: Dyno Nobel Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives
industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality
explosives products throughout North America, Australia and
selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that's great about Dyno Nobel: OUR
culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly
our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot
Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market
industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to
customers around the world.
What You'll Do
As the Mechanic, you will maintain and repair all mobile
equipment, including engines, chassis, and product storage and
blending equipment to assure reliable, safe, and cost-effective use
of company vehicles and equipment. You will be responsible for
repairing and maintaining all company vehicles in order to assure
safe and reliable use. Other duties will include:
- Repair and maintain company underground mining vehicle assets
and equipment, both at home location (Adna) and at the customer
site location (travel required).
- Proactively manage preventative maintenance of all fleet
vehicles according to company SOP's and schedules utilizing both
internal resources and external contractors.
- Maintain all vehicle maintenance records in order to assure
timely maintenance of vehicles.
- Maintain parts supply inventories and equipment in order to
have necessary parts and supplies readily available and to control
- Purchase parts and supplies needed for repair and maintenance
of vehicles in order to fulfill maintenance requirements and to be
- Supervise other mechanics, contractors and helpers in order to
meet vehicle and equipment maintenance standards.
- Travel to and from customer sites, on an occasional basis, in
order to conduct on-site repair and maintenance, and the
commissioning of relevant equipment, as well as leading on-site
- Travel to and from sister sites within the Pacific North West
(WA, ID, OR) on a somewhat regular basis. This is in order to
support our PNW fleet mechanically and as a training resource. Will
require overnight stay, away from home base.
- Follow all safety procedures and maintain safe working
- Knowledgeable and use practices consistent with company
policies and procedures from applicable technical modules, SOPs,
work site, and safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of, and comply with applicable DOT, OSHA, MSHA,
EPA and BATFE.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and perform simple
- Proactively handle safety issues and practice Take 5! process
by using the HAT tool to promote personal responsibility for
- Maintain safe working conditions and assure that all crew
members and others on the site follow all safety and regulatory
procedures and practices to ensure a safe and successful
- Must possess computer skills and experience.
- Position will require occasional travel to other sites for
repairs, training, consultation or equipment commissioning.
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent preferred and
completion of formal mechanical training.
- Gasoline and diesel engine, chassis and heavy vehicle repair
and maintenance, including electrical and hydraulic systems;
welding; bulk delivery systems equipment.
- Manufacturers' certifications and training in various vehicle
- Valid Commercial driver's license (CDL) with necessary
endorsements for operating any vehicle operated by the business
- Brakes and hydraulic systems certification required (may be
obtained within 12 months of employment).
- Tank inspection certification is desirable.
- Valid Passport required (or ability to obtain).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and
internationally (Alaska and Canadian Arctic) which may last 7 days
- Must be willing to undergo and pass an ATF background check as
required to be a possessor of explosives.
- Ability to read, write and speak English, and to communicate in
writing and verbally.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player.
What We Offer:
- Paid vacation + 11 paid holidays + a couple of PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions +
dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from
1% to 5% based on years of service
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People - Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises
Women and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Dyno Nobel
is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all
qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, protected
veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Dyno Nobel Inc., Tacoma , Mechanic, Other , Adna, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!