Company: Catholic Health Initiative
Posted on: June 8, 2021
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with
competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals,
health care services, and medical providers delivering
compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We
are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest
not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our
patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual
support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part
approach - physical, emotional, and spiritual - is essential to
healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Provides effective, efficient and accurate pharmaceutical care
to patients to ensure positive drug therapy outcomes. Work is
performed in accordance with protocols, internal
guidelines/standards and regulatory requirements.
An incumbent coordinates and supervises the compounding and
dispensing of drugs according to medication orders issued by
authorized medical care providers and is responsible for the timely
processing of medication orders and the distribution of medications
and IV admixtures to patients in a safe and timely manner.
Incumbents are also accountable for keeping professional skills
current; developing and maintaining professional contacts with
appropriate community resources; participating in continuous
performance improvement, assisting in the orientation of new staff
and supervision of student and volunteers and consistently making
efforts to achieve extraordinary results.
- Applies the principles of pharmaceutical care to ensure optimum
medication-related patient outcomes.
- Coordinates the distribution of medications to patients in
their area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides education for patients, pharmacy staff, residents,
externs, interns, students, technician students, and other
healthcare workers at FHS in a positive, constructive and
- Participates, proactively, in medication safety and quality
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D from an accredited school of pharmacy
that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge
skills/abilities including didactic courses and experiential
rotations in pharmaceutical care.
- One year of work experience in a hospital pharmacy within the
past two years is preferred.
- Attainment of a Doctor of Pharmacy degree is preferred.
- Completion of a post-graduate pharmacy residency is
- Licensure as a registered pharmacist by the Washington State
Board of Pharmacy.
- Membership in at least one of the following professional
organizations is preferred: ASHP, ASCP, WSPA, APHA, or ACCP.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS
- Washington State Preceptor Certification within 6 months of
hire if eligible or within 6 months after becoming eligible.
If classified as a Pharmacist-Certified: Current Board Certified
Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) certification is required.
Keywords: Catholic Health Initiative, Tacoma , Pharmacist, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!