Referral Coordinator Float Patient Access
Company: Catholic Health Initiative
Posted on: June 8, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic
Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700
care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to
home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy
communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and
innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our
hospitals and out in the community.
Franciscan Medical Group is looking for a full-time Referral
Coordinator Float candidate for the fast-paced Franciscan Patient
Access department in Tacoma. Flexible work schedule with a great
opportunity for growth. No weekends or major holidays required!
- Works with patients requiring a referral to ensure the
patient's referral needs are fulfilled. Incumbent obtains and
processes all referrals, authorizations and pre-certifications for
patients requiring ancillary testing and/or surgical procedures to
ensure timely reimbursement.
- Incumbents are accountable for; 1) processing referral orders
and gathering patient insurance eligibility information and
obtaining pre-authorizations 2) coordinating patient appointments
3) distributing pre-visit instructional materials to patients, 4)
providing cost estimate and benefits information and 5)
coordinating the rental and/or purchase of medical materials and
- This job exists in multiple locations, and while there may be
minor differences in job content, they are not significant for
classification purposes. Overall, the nature of the work and job
requirements are consistent between locations.
- An incumbent is located either behind-the-scenes, interacting
with patients on the phone or at the front desk, interacting with
- Processes referral orders and/or pre-authorizations.
- Coordinates appointments and ancillary services.
- Responds to patient questions regarding routine billing and
- Coordinates patient instructional/educational activities
relevant to the patient's referral.
- Coordinates purchase of materials and/or the rental of medical
equipment relevant to the patient's referral.
- Performs related duties as required.
Successful completion of an accredited medical terminology
course(s) or equivalent on the job training, and two years of
progressively responsible work experience in patient
scheduling/registration, insurance verification, financial
counseling, or related function.
Keywords: Catholic Health Initiative, Tacoma , Referral Coordinator Float Patient Access, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!