Construction Inspectors/Materials Testers
Company: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established
practice and we have a need for seasonal Construction
Inspectors/Materials Testers to join our team. These individuals
will inspect construction methods and workmanship and could also
perform materials testing to ensure that contractors build
roadways, bridges, culverts and related structures in accordance
with plans and specifications. Perform work related to
transportation and hydraulic engineering activities such as
laboratory tests, design data collection, construction
record-keeping and traffic control inspection. Employee at this
level performs work independently on assignments; however, all
unusual issues are referred to the supervisor.
- Observe and inspect ongoing construction work.
- Review plans and specifications to ensure that work is within
compliance of plans and specifications.
- Complete pay sheets for actual work completed.
- Conducts laboratory sampling.
- Maintain daily reporting of work in progress, status of
completion, and discusses construction related problems with
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in construction inspection
for transportation/environmental projects is required.
- Required to have and maintain a satisfactory driving
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds is required
- Ability to effectively follow instructions; deal effectively
with contractors and the public.
- Ability to read and interpret roadway, structure, and bridge
plans and specifications.
- Currently Possess or Obtain WSDOT CICP Certification within 30
calendar days of hire.
Ideally you will have:
- Able and willing to work day or night shifts and/or flexible
schedules including weekends as required to support the project
- Work under exposure to inclement weather conditions.
- Personal computers and applicable programs.
- In-Water work experience
- Knowledge of construction including material, methods, plans
and specifications, and associated safety requirements.
- WSDOT/WAQTC Certified Tester
This position will be located in Olympic Peninsula, WA
Keywords: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Tacoma , Construction Inspectors/Materials Testers, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!