Company: Pacific Coast Building Products, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
PABCO Roofing is looking for our next leader. Not just a
Supervisor, but a leader. Our diverse Production team is our
largest and they need their next champion to be a committed,
emphathetic leader who's committed to our values and ready to help
guide them through our daily shift operations.
You should be excited to model the following: effective
communication, servant leadership, an unwavering commitment to
safety, and a willingness to do the right thing, even when it's
hard. We believe in creating the team you want to work on by being
the kind of person you want to work with.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises a production crew and oversees their daily
- Inspects plant equipment and machinery to ensure they are
operating safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for meeting company standards for shift production
and product quality.
- Prepares maintenance work orders to ensure equipment and
machinery meet company standards.
- Prepares requested reports on a regular basis.
- Troubleshoot department problems, including bad product and
make adjustments as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring product changes happen efficiently and
- Responsible for knowing which products are being run each day
and ensuring the appropriate materials and setup for the product
- Responsible for ensuring specific materials, (adhesive tank,
chemical additives, raw materials), are ready and used
appropriately on each shift.
- Take regular inventories of production supplies for plant
- Responsible for the performance, training, development, and
discipline, of subordinate employees.
- Maintains work area according to company standards for safety
- Abides by all safety rules set forth by company and government
regulatory agencies and ensure that hazardous conditions are
reported and corrected
- All other tasks and/or responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and
- one (1) to three (3) years of Do experience in manufacturing
required, supervisory experience preferred; or
- equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and/or
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret
various graphed data.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and other various
standard office machines and equipment necessary to complete
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Talk and listen.
- Stand, walk, and sit.
- Bend at the waist.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Wet humid conditions.
- Working near moving mechanical parts.
- Extreme heat or cold (non-weather).
- Fumes or airborne particles.
- Moderate to loud noise.
We are an essential business, supporting building needs during
the COVID-19 pandemic which allows our employees to enjoy better
job stability and opportunities for advancement. We've updated our
training and safety protocols to ensure all of our employees can
work in a safe environment.
We protect what matters.
Keywords: Pacific Coast Building Products, Inc., Tacoma , Shift Supervisor, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!