Online Sales Assistant Shipping and Material Handler
Company: Tacoma Goodwill
Posted on: June 8, 2021
When you love what you do, its more than a job. Its a passion,
and a Mission.
As a member of the Goodwill Retail team you will build
relationships with customers by providing a seamless and unique
customer experience. We are seeking customer service-minded
individuals who want to help us support our mission in any one of
our 37 retail locations.
Right now, our LOCATION, WA store is seeking a (FULL TIME/PART
TIME JOB TITLE)
The Shipping and Material Handler position supports requirements
for shipping or re-distributing products online to maximize Tacoma
Goodwill sales and profit margins.
Essential Daily Duties and Responsibilities include the
following. Other duties may be as assigned.
- Pulling all merchandise sold from previous day from shipping
- Packing and Shipping books. Items are to be weighed, wrapped
and/or boxed as needed for safe transport for the customer.
- Packing and Shipping items sold on ShopGoodwill and Ebay. Items
are to be weighed, wrapped and/or boxed as needed for safe
transport for the customer.
- Clean, straighten and organize listed-merchandise shelves.
- Pulling Not Sold items from the Not Sold list (except re-listed
items). Removing all tags/bags from the items and removing this
material to the production floor for processing
- Pulling local pickup items for the customer service department.
Items are to be wrapped and/or boxed for safe transport for the
customer as needed.
- Stocking shipping departments supplies. Pickup shipping and/or
department supplies from the front office or boiler, and stock
items in the appropriate place, maintain inventory counts as
- Maintain a clean and orderly receiving area for the shipping
departments supplies. Remove all pallet bands and shrink wrap to
keep area clean and free of debris.
- Dispose cardboard, trash or debris, to keep entire department
organized and isles clear. All empty totes located around the
department need to be placed in the designated area. Empty
cardboard needs to be tossed into the cardboard bailer when the bin
- Report building damage, broken equipment, safety hazards or
other problems to supervisor immediately as they are
Secondary Job Functions:
- In-processing (backup support as needed)
- Unpacking / repacking merchandise totes / jumbos from stores or
ADS sites as needed
- Listing / verifying quantities of items received, approved for
listing, or returned to store/ops floor
- Completing and forwarding store / ADS merchandise tracking
forms as instructed.
At Goodwill we are committed to creating and sustaining a
culture of equity, diversity and inclusion. We embrace our
employees differences, and believe in meeting the members of our
workforce and our communities where they are. Since our doors first
opened in 1921, we have been changing lives by offering a hand up,
not a hand out. We invite you to join us for our next 100 years of
service to our neighbors.
Our Mission is to help people reach their fullest potential
through individual education, job placement and career pathway
services made possible by community donations, purchases and
At Goodwill, we welcome people with diverse backgrounds,
including persons with disabilities or other disadvantages. In
fact, a substantial portion of our employees have a disability
and/or economic disadvantage and we strongly encourage such persons
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a
service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department
of Social Security (SSA). For further information on E-Verify
contact DHS at 1-888-464-4218.
Keywords: Tacoma Goodwill, Tacoma , Online Sales Assistant Shipping and Material Handler, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!