Financial Pacific Leasing Commercial Underwriter
Company: Umpqua Bank
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We are currently seeking a full-time Credit Officer (Commercial
Underwriter) reporting to our Federal Way, WA office. This role is
responsible to analyze and make credit decisions within assigned
authority for credits ranging from $15M to $200M, including
Equipment Leases and Financing for assets and customers of all
types, while ensuring risk exposure consistent with the company's
credit quality guidelines. Qualified applicants should enjoy
working in a team setting; possess strong communication skills and
have experience working in a fast paced, goal-oriented
- Make and communicate credit decisions and documentation
requirements within assigned limits and consistent with FPC Credit
Policy on lease applications, assignments and NPA contracts as
- Support business unit's growth and portfolio quality through
underwriting customer and vendor (third party) relationships.
- Prepare formal presentations/ write-ups for customers and
program requests for review by senior management.
- Analyze, adjudicate, and recommend credit decisions with in
assigned authority. Transactions primarily range in size from $250M
to $1MM. The officer is expected to support transactions in excess
of $1MM for review by appropriate authority.
- Responsible for conducting new vendor program reviews and
annual updates to existing programs. Candidate is expected to be
familiar with various elements of vendor programs to cover business
risks from a credit, operations, and portfolio servicing
- Ensure timely review of assigned transactions and credit
facilities for new requests. Work closely with business development
to structure and adjudicate credit requests.
- Coordinate with business development to complete annual
reviews/ modifications to existing vendor programs and support new
- Mentor and guide junior credit staff on new credit requests and
- Interact with other departments within the business unit to
address appropriate credit, documentation, and program issues.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Five or more years of commercial credit underwriting experience
in a bank or a regulated commercial finance company, preferably in
vendor/ equipment finance.
- Knowledge of various vendor program structures.
- Proficient in Moody's Risk Analyst.
- Working knowledge of Dual Risk Rating (PD/LGD) methodology in a
banking/ regulated environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and
Perks and Benefits
- Excellent benefits package.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 401(k) company match.
- Paid holidays.
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Voluntary Benefits such as LTD, STD, LTC, and Life and AD&D
- Recognition program.
- Monthly incentive perks.
- Thriving company culture.
- Up to 40 hours of volunteer time allotted each year.
No relocation offered.
Financial Pacific Leasing (A Subsidiary of Umpqua Bank) is a
commercial equipment leasing company located in Federal Way, WA.
Established in 1975, we are a leader in the leasing industry and we
take pride in our employees. We strive to create a work environment
that is rewarding, challenging and a fun experience. Qualified
Applicants should enjoy working as a team and independently,
possess strong communication skills and have experience in working
with a fast paced, goal-oriented environment. Excellent benefits
Financial Pacific Leasing & Umpqua Bank are committed to
employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse
Keywords: Umpqua Bank, Tacoma , Financial Pacific Leasing Commercial Underwriter, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!