Digital Payment Specialist - EFT
Company: Heritage Financial Corporation
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Heritage Bank currently has an exciting opportunity to join our
organization! We are looking for people who want more than just a
job - who want to build a career and make a difference in the
communities where they live and work by building and maintaining
Heritage Bank is seeking a Digital Payment Specialist - EFT at
our Southern Operations Center in Tacoma, WA. The Digital Payment
Specialist - EFT provides a full range of professional technical
and general support to internal / external customers, as it relates
to electronic banking products and services, with an emphasis on
Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT), wire transfers and Automated
Clearing House (ACH) processing. Primary responsibilities are to
ensure all administrative and processing activities are completed
in a timely and accurate manner and approvals are in accordance
with policies, procedures, compliance and regulatory standards.
Heritage Bank offers competitive compensation and comprehensive
benefit packages for employees and their families.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Research and responds to internal and external customer
inquiries via email, phone or in person.
- Protects and maintains confidentiality with all customer
financial data when handling customer requests and
- Process incoming and outgoing wire transfers, stop payments and
returns accurately and timely.
- Reconcile assigned Wire and ACH general ledgers and ban control
accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Acquire knowledge of departmental procedures, programs,
products and services and Reg E and Dodd-Frank requirements, to
ensure compliance with industry rules and regulations.
- Gain working knowledge of, and ensure bank activities are
performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws
and regulations applicable to assigned area.
- Contributes to the success of all areas of Digital Services
with willingness to share in all department responsibilities, as
required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Coursework and/or
certification in accounting; or relevant education -
- A minimum of 1 year recent customer service, data entry,
clerical and/or office support experience, demonstrating working
knowledge of general office administration practices and
- Recent experience in Digital Banking and Digital Payment
Services with working knowledge and understanding of Electric Fund
Transfer and ACH processing and regulatory compliance -
- Provides high level of quality service for internal/external
customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in
an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Ability to provide clients with information and data, as well
as gain their trust and respect while maintaining personal
composure when confronted with a difficult situation and/or
customer. Ability to escalate to next level management.
- Effective interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
with the ability to communicate technical issues over the phone, in
person and via email; and ability to read, write, speak, and
understand English well.
- Detail oriented with organizational, problem-solving, data
review and time management skills; with the ability to manage
multiple assignments, and reporting requests ensuring that
priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met.
- Basic understanding of debit/credit relationships and
negotiable instruments; general math skills to balance accounts and
locate routine and non-routine mathematical errors, to process
debits and credits accurately, and adhere to customer
- Ability to learn and gain an understanding and apply
principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies
related to assigned area, as well as gain working knowledge of the
Bank's policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential
- Working knowledge of office administration practices and
- Basic knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook),
with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand
under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent
interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to
agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or
rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading
of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone,
photocopier, scanner, and facsimile which often requires dexterity
of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing,
stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file
- Occasional lifting 5 - 10 lbs. (files, boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of
all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for
information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please
##Street:3615 Pacific Avenue##
Keywords: Heritage Financial Corporation, Tacoma , Digital Payment Specialist - EFT, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!