Sr. Accounting Clerk
Company: Stella-Jones Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
"Where our people and our products are essential"
Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial
pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital
infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute
railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood
products across the continent. Stella-Jones recruits team members
who embody our core values and desire an environment where growth
is inspired, dedication is recognized, and achievement is rewarded.
Our ever-expanding footprint provides a great prospect for career
advancement as we seek to develop our emerging leaders.
Stella-Jones is seeking a qualified Sr. Accounting Clerk to join
our team in the Tacoma, WA office. This role will calculate and
prepare accurate and timely vendor invoices as well as provide
management with detailed sales reports.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks,
substantiating business transactions.
- Analyzes and resolves purchase order discrepancies regarding
invoice price, goods receipt quantities, allowances and terms
between Company supplier's invoices and Company purchase
- Processes invoices in an accurate and timely manner which
enables the generation of the Stella-Jones monthly and yearly
- Extracts general ledger information.
- Compiles cost reports and balance sheets.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system
according to company procedures.
- Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, and makes
- Corresponds with vendors, conducts investigations and brings
complex discrepancies to resolution.
- Maintains awareness of all activities and issues that could
impact daily operations and service levels.
- Assists with Accounts Payable month and year-end close.
- Special tasks as assigned and participate in projects as
- Maintains Company and employee confidence by keeping
- Participates and contributes to company safety program
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; or six months to one-year related experience or
- Six months to one-year related experience in Accounts
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, data
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Consistently demonstrated excellent analytical and
- Demonstrates ability to resolve and/or escalate conflict using
tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding sensitive
customer or company information.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own
team and across Stella-Jones for the achievement of business
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing
priorities, and planning well in
order to produce quality work.
Keywords: Stella-Jones Inc., Tacoma , Sr. Accounting Clerk, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!