Contract Specialist II
Posted on: November 22, 2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONContracting Specialist IIDepartment: Practice
SupportStatus: Regular Full-time, FLSA ExemptLocation: Tacoma,
WAReports to: Director of ContractingJOB SUMMARY In support of
NPN's mission, vision, and strategic goals, the Contract Specialist
II is responsible for the identification and negotiation of
contracts with hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, physicians
and ancillary providers in geographically diverse areas for both
existing and developing provider networks.-- Ensure proper
administration of the contracts through assessment of provider
needs, coordination of contract documentation, and interfacing with
MCA, Claims, Care Management, IMCS, and other departments.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate NPN's commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each and every internal
and external customer.
- Assesses and completes provider contracting needs for all
- Provides guidance to Contract Specialists, Contract
Coordinators and/or other staff in the absence of Director,
- Prepares supporting documentation, negotiates and implements
contracts of hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, physicians and
ancillary providers in geographically diverse areas for both
existing and developing provider networks.
- Coordinates the completion of provider pre-contractual
activities including the submission of relevant provider contract
documentation, completion of RFP and application information,
financial analysis, RAT discussions, credentialing, etc.
- Prepares and/or coordinates financial and utilization analyses
to develop recommendations for compensation methodologies and
amounts, including capitation.
- Cultivates positive working relationships with network Medical
Directors and other administrative staff.
- Develops and maintains client relationships and ensures
continuing client satisfaction.
- Assists in constant analysis of contracting needs including the
assessment of claims and utilization data to identify areas for new
and re-negotiated contracts.
- Responds to correspondence and other communication in a
professional and timely manner.
- Uses, protects, and discloses NPN patients' protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Knowledge of provider contracting and reimbursement
- Understanding of medical care delivery and financing
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to interface
effectively both internally and externally with a wide range of
people including physicians, office staff, hospital executives and
other health plan staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven contract negotiations skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word).
- Ability to work independentlyMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation:
- 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a
- Bachelor's degree preferred.Experience:Minimum:
- Over 1 years and up to and including 3 years of
- 3 years of healthcare experience in contracting or
management.EQUIPMENT USEDOffice equipment, computer, personal
vehicleMENTAL & PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Mental Effort: Must be able to work effectively as a member of
NPN team; work is detailed and complex with multiple competing
priorities, deadlines and internal and external customers
- Physical Requirements: Work is primarily in office environment
requiring ability to see and hear and communicate as well as
operate personal motor vehicle
- Working Conditions: Work is performed both in an office setting
and at clinic locations; noise level may be moderate or loud on
occasion; work may be required outside normal business hoursThe job
description does not constitute a written or implied contract of
employment.-- NPN reserves the right to revise or change job duties
and responsibilities as the need arises.--
Keywords: Optum, Tacoma , Contract Specialist II, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!